Can I have Multiple dataset for a table?

Shasha
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi.

I am having a report where i need to fetch few columns in a table based on parameters passed from two different data sets.

Comments

• Hans_vd
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Shasha,

You can't bind two data sets to a table, if that is what you mean, but you can:
    - create a joint data set and bind the table to that one
    - create nested tables where you can use values of the outer table as parameters for the inner table

Hope this helps
    Hans
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Shasha
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    yes you got me right hans. thanks for reply.<br />
    I tried nested tables also.. but formatting issue is dere with that.. I will try to figure it out..<br />
    <br />
    N Yes.. I cant join both the data set.<br />
    C my requirement is quite simple.<br />
    <br />
    I certain accounts which contains amount transaction related to it. Each transaction has some age (i.e. since when the transaction was recorded).<br />
    <br />
    If i will select the parameter as february month then it should fetch me result only for that month. But the catch is here in table i have to show data in some columns for previous month also. <br />
    <br />
    Please see the attachment for layout<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="115660" data-time="1364980391" data-date="03 April 2013 - 02:13 AM"><p>
    Hi Shasha,<br />
    <br />
    You can't bind two data sets to a table, if that is what you mean, but you can:<br />
    - create a joint data set and bind the table to that one<br />
    - create nested tables where you can use values of the outer table as parameters for the inner table<br />
    <br />
    Hope this helps<br />
    Hans<br /></p></blockquote>
  • Hans_vd
    edited April 3, 2013 #4
    So you have two data sets.
    What data is in both of them?
  • Shasha
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    It may sound foolish of me but i made a seperate dataset just to fetch data for previous month.<br />
    same query just month parameter value will be different in both dataset queries.. So now i will have two data set with data for 2 different months.<br />
    <br />
    Any other way to do it?<br />
    If i wil fetch data for both month in single dataset then use some javascript to do the grouping.<br />
    But i m not good in scripting. <br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="115662" data-time="1364986257" data-date="03 April 2013 - 03:50 AM"><p>
    So you have two data sets.<br />
    What data is in both of them?<br /></p></blockquote>
  • Hans_vd
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Hi,

I created a very simple sample report that shows how you can use a crosstab to combine data from current and previous month in one row.
    Hope it can get you started.

Regards
    Hans
  • Shasha
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Hi Hans thanks for your input. I already tried cross tab also..<br />
    <br />
    Finally i got the solution by using group aggregation and using some if else statements. :)<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="115664" data-time="1364989950" data-date="03 April 2013 - 04:52 AM"><p>
    Hi,<br />
    <br />
    I created a very simple sample report that shows how you can use a crosstab to combine data from current and previous month in one row.<br />
    Hope it can get you started.<br />
    <br />
    Regards<br />
    Hans<br /></p></blockquote>