Programmatically adding Gadget Reports to the Dashboard

Options
JBergant
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Is it possible to programmatically add report gadgets to a dashboard through the Actuate JavaScript API? If it is can you please provide a clue as I'm having trouble finding the proper API calls. I'm already saving reports as .rptdocuments and I know how to add them to a dashboard through the UI.

I have attempted to add them through a html gadget that points to a default .rptdocument. I want all my users to use the same default dashboard and have this html gadget be dynamic and show the most recent report that was ran by the specific user, however I'm having trouble figuring out how to set the url for the html gadget to be dynamic.

update:
I'm now using a report explorer object to list the users files in an html object using the default "~/" for the home directory. I set it up so when a user clicks on a file the selection change event is thrown and a viewer object below displays the file clicked. Still looking for a way to traverse the file tree through the JSAPI without having to click on the individual files.

Comments

• rmurphy
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    There is not a JSAPI call to add gadgets to the BIRT 360 Dashboard, but there is a Java API. You can find the JavaDoc for the API inside the help of the BIRT Designer Pro in the Actuate BIRT Programmer Reference section.

This API will function similar to the BIRT DE API.