Drill Up in Gadgets

Options
Vineet Joshi
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi All,

Please tell me how to drill up in Actuate gadget . The only condition is Drill up and drill down should happen in same gadget .I have seen in one of the demos of Actuate but donot know how to do it .

Regards
Jack

Comments

• rmurphy
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Drill up and drill down is done in a BIRT 360 dashboard gadget that is leveraging a cube in a BIRT Data Object. The cube defines the dimensions and measures. The dimensions can be hierarchical and when defined will automatically give you drill up and drill down capabilities.
  • Vineet Joshi
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'rmurphy'" data-cid="116146" data-time="1366389188" data-date="19 April 2013 - 09:33 AM"><p>
    Drill up and drill down is done in a BIRT 360 dashboard gadget that is leveraging a cube in a BIRT Data Object. The cube defines the dimensions and measures. The dimensions can be hierarchical and when defined will automatically give you drill up and drill down capabilities.<br /></p></blockquote>
    Hey ,<br />
    Thank you for the reply .you meant to say that this is only possible with data cube not with gadget generated from from data Set .<br />
    Also ,let me know how to hyperlink on one gadget so that it opens the other gadget in the same tab .<br />
    <br />
    <strong class='bbc'>Regards</strong>
  • rmurphy
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    Data sets have no hierarchy. They are just rows and columns of data.

If you define the cube in your BIRT Data Object, the drill up/down will automatically be enabled. Drill up/down occurs without the need to link to, or load, another gadget.