Generate PDF file using BIRT

Sanket_D
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi All,

Need one help for BIRT I have just started using BIRT.

I have one HTML file and want to generate PDF by using BIRT.
Can anybody let me know how I can acheive or please provide the code.

Thanks
Sanket

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    You just want to create a PDF file out of your HTML file? Or you have your report working for HTML, you're just wanting to know how to output your report in PDF, now? Let me know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Sanket_D
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="116562" data-time="1367963264" data-date="07 May 2013 - 02:47 PM"><p>
    You just want to create a PDF file out of your HTML file? Or you have your report working for HTML, you're just wanting to know how to output your report in PDF, now? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Hi Micheal,<br />
    <br />
    I just want to create PDF file out of my HTML file, Its very simple HTML having SVG image.<br />
    This must use BIRT and is there any way that rpgdesign file (xml) must be auto generated.<br />
    Please can you share the code and steps to achieve the same. I am very new to BIRT and need your help.<br />
    <br />
    One more question: Actually we are using itext to generate pdf but the svg image is not displayed in pdf file.<br />
    Do you have clue for the same.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks<br />
    Sanket
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    I think I'm confused. Why must this use BIRT if you're not doing anything with BIRT? Is this just because hte iText output you've got isn't displaying the image? Let me know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Sanket_D
    edited May 10, 2013 #5
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="116623" data-time="1368133054" data-date="09 May 2013 - 01:57 PM"><p>
    I think I'm confused. Why must this use BIRT if you're not doing anything with BIRT? Is this just because hte iText output you've got isn't displaying the image? Let me know.<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    <br />
    Thanks Micheal,<br />
    <br />
    I am struggling to parse SVG image (embedded in HTML) while generating pdf using iTextpdf.<br />
    Please see the attached code which I am using to generate the same.<br />
    It would be great help you can solve this issue for me.<br />
    <br />
    Regards<br />
    Sanket
  • <p>hi there, quick searching on Google brings me here.and Im currently working on PDF generating ,Does BIRT provide any pdf creating lib in .Net? If yes ,Plz give me some detail guide,thx in adv.as a beginner in PDF programming ,I just can't figure out which open source code is best suiting me, like<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-creating/'>pdf creating component</a> and so many counterparts on internet.Any suggestion is appreciated.</p>
  • <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="noodle768" data-cid="118079" data-time="1372651088"><div><p>hi there, quick searching on Google brings me here.and Im currently working on PDF generating ,Does BIRT provide any pdf creating lib in .Net? If yes ,Plz give me some detail guide,thx in adv.as a beginner in PDF programming ,I just can't figure out which open source code is best suiting me, like<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/vb-net-imaging/pdf-creating/'><span>pdf creating component</span></a> and so many counterparts on internet.Any suggestion is appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>thanks for sharing, that's awesome but somewhat overpriced for me who will just use it only once, do you have some cheaper or even free versions, any suggestion will be appreciated!</p>
  • Generate PDF??

I would recommend to check zetpdf.com/
    library