Facing Problem login in Birt iHub

Options
tomar
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi i am facing the problem in login the Birt iHub

as i attached screen shot in the attachments

As i checked the configuration console, i found Volume was offline

i tried to take it online but it shows the error connection ( screen shot is attached )

AT the time of installation i also got some error , all screen shots are attached below

Please suggest how or what to do to resolve the error.

Comments

• rmurphy
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Can you provide some more details regarding your environment? Specifically, I can see from the screenshots that you are running Windows, but what version? <br />
    <br />
    From the error message in the Configuration Console, it appears the meta-data database is not online. I'll assume you accepted the default which is to use the bundled PostgreSQL database. If so, make sure the <em class='bbc'>Actuate PostgreSQL for BIRT iHub 2</em> Windows Service is running. If it is not, start the service. Next restart the <em class='bbc'>Actuate BIRT iHub 2</em> Windows service.<br />
    <br />
    Once both services are online, go back into the configuration console (default URL is <a class='bbc_url' href='http://localhost:8900/acadmin/config'>http://localhost:8900/acadmin/config</a>) and navigate to the volume tab after logging in to validate the volume is online.<br />
    <br />
    Assuming the volume is online, you can run a batch script to import the content for the sample encyclopedia volume. Based on the info in your screenshots, this script can be found at C:\Program Files\Actuate\iHub2\SampleEncyc\upload.bat<br />
    <br />
    Regarding the screenshot of PgAdmin, this is just a tool that you can optionally install that allows you to connect to, query, and manage the PostgreSQL database. This tool is completely optional. Keep in mind that you should not make any direct changes to the meta-data database without being explicitly advised by Actuate. Any changes to structure or data can have adverse side-effects.
  • tomar
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    Hi Thanks for reply !!<br />
    <br />
    <em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>Can you provide some more details regarding your environment? Specifically, I can see from the screenshots that you are running Windows, but what version? </strong></em><br />
    <br />
    Ans:- I am using Window 7 OS in my System.<br />
    <br />
    <strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>I'll assume you accepted the default which is to use the bundled PostgreSQL database</em></strong><br />
    <br />
    Ans:- Yes i used the default which is to use the bundled PostgreSQL database as my DB <br />
    <br />
    AS per your suggestion i checked the Actuate PostgreSQL for BIRT iHub 2 Windows Service is running or not but its wasalready i restart both services as Actuate PostgreSQL & BIRT iHub 2 servics and tried to check the vloume states but the same issue its not online, when i try to take it online it give same error as i posted in previous thred.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>C:\Program Files\Actuate\iHub2\SampleEncyc\upload.bat </strong></em><br />
    <br />
    About the above mentioned bat file or directory, i did not find any SampleEncyc\upload.bat file or folder in my Actuate/iHub2 home directory.<br />
    <br />
    Please let me know if i need to take care any thing at the time of installation and need to re-install the Actuate ( by the way i already tried 2-3 time to install Actuate its 3rd time all time i face same error)<br />
    <br />
    or any more input you want ? <br />
    <br />
    Thanks once again !!<br />
    <br />
    Please suggest that i can procced further
  • JFreeman
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    Hi tomar,

If you are using a 64-bit installation of Windows 7 the previously mentioned upload.bat may be located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actuate\iHub2\SampleEncyc\upload.bat"

As the PostgreSQL service is already running, a good next step would be to inspect the log files for more detailed information related to this issue. In a default windows installation, the logs files are typically located in "C:\Actuate\iHub\data\server\log". Inspecting the jencycsrvr11 and encycsrvr11 logs for errors related to PostgreSQL and the metadata should provide some further insight into the cause of this issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb