ReportDesign (id=1): Unhandled exception when executing script

lwashington
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello,

I am a new user to BIRT - ECLIPSE and I am trying to preview a report. During Preview, I am getting the following error:

ReportDesign (id=1): Unhandled exception when executing script.

i run the debugger and get :
Compiled Source: UNNNAMED SCRIPT - params ["system_parentRecordID"].value

I have read a ton of documentation and I am not making heads or tails of it. I think I need to bind the parameters, but it's a little confusing. I am working with starter queery report from TRIRIGA.

Any help is very appreciated.</p>

Comments

• Could you attach the design?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Sorry, Unfortunately, due to privacy with this sector, I cannot attach the report.  It would be a breach of security :-(  Is there anything that I could possibly look for? </p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Tronda</p>
  • Do you have a parameter named system_parentRecordID?
  • <p>Yes I do have a parameter named system_parentRecordID.  To give you a little background, BIRT will let you start with starter reports from TRIRIGA.  I have started with the starter reports.  Under Report Parameters, there is a {}system_parentRecordId.  And In the output colums under the dataset where you can edit the query, there's a system_recordId, along with other output colums. </p>
  • Would it be against the security policy to email me the report, rather than posting it in a public forum?

Or, if you set up a similar situation with a sample report that you could post, does the same issue happen?
  • <p>The same thing happened with the sample data.  I am attaching the report:</p><p> </p><p><?xml version=<em class='bbc'>"1.0"</em> encoding=<em class='bbc'>"UTF-8"</em>?></p><p><report xmlns=<em class='bbc'>"<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design"</a></em&gt; version=<em class='bbc'>"3.2.22"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"1"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"createdBy"</em>>Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.2.r262_v20110209 Build &lt;2.6.2.v20110219-1842></property></p><p><simple-property-list name=<em class='bbc'>"includeResource"</em>></p><p><value>[v2QRY]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity_-_Filter_-_triDeferredLineItem.tririgalabels</value></p><p></simple-property-list></p><p><parameters></p><p><scalar-parameter name=<em class='bbc'>"Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"5"</em>></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"promptText"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX"</em>></text-property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"valueType"</em>>static</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isRequired"</em>>false</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>string</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"distinct"</em>>true</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"paramType"</em>>simple</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"controlType"</em>>text-box</property></p><p><structure name=<em class='bbc'>"format"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"category"</em>>Unformatted</property></p><p></structure></p><p></scalar-parameter></p><p><scalar-parameter name=<em class='bbc'>"Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"6"</em>></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"promptText"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX"</em>></text-property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"valueType"</em>>static</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isRequired"</em>>false</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>string</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"distinct"</em>>true</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"paramType"</em>>simple</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"controlType"</em>>text-box</property></p><p><structure name=<em class='bbc'>"format"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"category"</em>>Unformatted</property></p><p></structure></p><p></scalar-parameter></p><p><scalar-parameter name=<em class='bbc'>"system__parentRecordId"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"7"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"hidden"</em>>true</property></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"promptText"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]system__parentRecordId"</em>></text-property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"valueType"</em>>static</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isRequired"</em>>false</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>decimal</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"distinct"</em>>true</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"paramType"</em>>simple</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"controlType"</em>>text-box</property></p><p><structure name=<em class='bbc'>"format"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"category"</em>>Unformatted</property></p><p></structure></p><p></scalar-parameter></p><p></parameters></p><p><data-sources></p><p><script-data-source name=<em class='bbc'>"TRIRIGA"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"4"</em>/></p><p></data-sources></p><p><data-sets></p><p><script-data-set name=<em class='bbc'>"[v2QRY]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity_-_Filter_-_triDeferredLineItem"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"8"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"eventHandlerClass"</em>>com.tririga.platform.birt.dataset.TriDataSetEventHandler</property></p><p><list-property name=<em class='bbc'>"resultSetHints"</em>></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>1</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>javaObject</property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>2</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>javaObject</property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>3</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>system__recordId</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>decimal</property></p><p></structure></p><p></list-property></p><p><list-property name=<em class='bbc'>"columnHints"</em>></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"columnName"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX</property></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"displayName"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX"</em>></text-property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"columnName"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX</property></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"displayName"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX"</em>></text-property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"columnName"</em>>system__recordId</property></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"displayName"</em>>recordId</text-property></p><p></structure></p><p></list-property></p><p><list-property name=<em class='bbc'>"parameters"</em>></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>string</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>1</property></p><p><expression name=<em class='bbc'>"defaultValue"</em> type=<em class='bbc'>"javascript"</em>><span class='bbc_underline'>params</span>["Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX"].value</expression></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isInput"</em>>true</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isOutput"</em>>false</property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>string</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>2</property></p><p><expression name=<em class='bbc'>"defaultValue"</em> type=<em class='bbc'>"javascript"</em>><span class='bbc_underline'>params</span>["Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX"].value</expression></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isInput"</em>>true</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isOutput"</em>>false</property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>system__parentRecordId</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>decimal</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>3</property></p><p><expression name=<em class='bbc'>"defaultValue"</em> type=<em class='bbc'>"javascript"</em>><span class='bbc_underline'>params</span>["system__parentRecordId"].value</expression></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isInput"</em>>true</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"isOutput"</em>>false</property></p><p></structure></p><p></list-property></p><p><structure name=<em class='bbc'>"cachedMetaData"</em>></p><p><list-property name=<em class='bbc'>"resultSet"</em>></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>1</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>javaObject</property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>2</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>javaObject</property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"position"</em>>3</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>system__recordId</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>decimal</property></p><p></structure></p><p></list-property></p><p></structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataSource"</em>>TRIRIGA</property></p><p></script-data-set></p><p></data-sets></p><p><styles></p><p><style name=<em class='bbc'>"crosstab-cell"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"2"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderBottomColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderBottomStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderBottomWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderLeftColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderLeftStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderLeftWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderRightColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderRightStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderRightWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderTopColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderTopStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderTopWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p></style></p><p><style name=<em class='bbc'>"crosstab"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"3"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderBottomColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderBottomStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderBottomWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderLeftColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderLeftStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderLeftWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderRightColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderRightStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderRightWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderTopColor"</em>>#CCCCCC</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderTopStyle"</em>>solid</property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"borderTopWidth"</em>>1pt</property></p><p></style></p><p><style name=<em class='bbc'>"report"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"10"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"fontFamily"</em>><span class='bbc_underline'>sans</span>-<span class='bbc_underline'>serif</span></property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"fontSize"</em>>10pt</property></p><p></style></p><p></styles></p><p><page-setup></p><p><simple-master-page name=<em class='bbc'>"Simple MasterPage"</em> id=<em class='bbc'>"9"</em>/></p><p></page-setup></p><p><body></p><p><table id=<em class='bbc'>"11"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataSet"</em>>[v2QRY]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity_-_Filter_-_triDeferredLineItem</property></p><p><list-property name=<em class='bbc'>"boundDataColumns"</em>></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX</property></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"displayName"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX"</em>>ID</text-property></p><p><expression name=<em class='bbc'>"expression"</em> type=<em class='bbc'>"javascript"</em>>dataSetRow["Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX"]</expression></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>javaObject</property></p><p></structure></p><p><structure></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"name"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX</property></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"displayName"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX"</em>>Name</text-property></p><p><expression name=<em class='bbc'>"expression"</em> type=<em class='bbc'>"javascript"</em>>dataSetRow["Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX"]</expression></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"dataType"</em>>javaObject</property></p><p></structure></p><p></list-property></p><p><column id=<em class='bbc'>"21"</em>/></p><p><column id=<em class='bbc'>"22"</em>/></p><p><header></p><p><row id=<em class='bbc'>"12"</em>></p><p><cell id=<em class='bbc'>"13"</em>></p><p><label id=<em class='bbc'>"23"</em>></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"text"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX"</em>>ID</text-property></p><p></label></p><p></cell></p><p><cell id=<em class='bbc'>"14"</em>></p><p><label id=<em class='bbc'>"25"</em>></p><p><text-property name=<em class='bbc'>"text"</em> key=<em class='bbc'>"[FIELD]Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX"</em>>Name</text-property></p><p></label></p><p></cell></p><p></row></p><p></header></p><p><detail></p><p><row id=<em class='bbc'>"15"</em>></p><p><cell id=<em class='bbc'>"16"</em>></p><p><data id=<em class='bbc'>"24"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"whiteSpace"</em>><span class='bbc_underline'>nowrap</span></property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"resultSetColumn"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triIdTX</property></p><p></data></p><p></cell></p><p><cell id=<em class='bbc'>"17"</em>></p><p><data id=<em class='bbc'>"26"</em>></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"whiteSpace"</em>><span class='bbc_underline'>nowrap</span></property></p><p><property name=<em class='bbc'>"resultSetColumn"</em>>Classification__triBuildingSystemDeficiencySeverity____triNameTX</property></p><p></data></p><p></cell></p><p></row></p><p></detail></p><p><footer></p><p><row id=<em class='bbc'>"18"</em>></p><p><cell id=<em class='bbc'>"19"</em>/></p><p><cell id=<em class='bbc'>"20"</em>/></p><p></row></p><p></footer></p><p></table></p><p></body></p><p></report></p>
  • <p><sub class='bbc'>It fails for me by not having the event handler class. Can you make a report that I can run break the same way, by chance?</sub></p>
  • <p>I can try??  Plz Understand, that I am not intentionally trying to break my rpt, lol.  Are you going to send me the report? </p><p> </p><p>I have another question as well.  I can create a report by not using the starter reports from TRIRIGA.  However, when I deploy the report back to TRIRIGA, I get the error:</p><p> </p><p>"Can not load the report query: 488. Errors occurred when generating the report document for the report element with ID 488"</p><p> </p><p>I don't get the message when I run them in ECLIPSE BIRT.  They run fine.  Can you help me with the error. </p><p> </p><p>Idealy, I would love to create the reports with the Starter Reports from TRIRIGA, So, I still need help with the 1st question. </p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p>LT</p>
  • Hi, How did you fix this issue? I am getting the same error with a report that uses multiple starter reports.

• No one from the thread from five years ago has responded. It's not clear from this long thread what the issue is. Could you please provide details of the issue you are encountering?

• All products/environments with version numbers
    • Error messages and description of undesirable behavior
    • Sample reports/code
    • Anything else that might be useful