Connection to SQL Server

srgalorath
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>I am brand new to Birt and am having trouble connecting it to my Microsoft SQL Server Database.  Can anyone give me instructions on how to do so step by step.  I have read almost everything I can find on this and nothing seems to work.  I enabled tcp/ip at the port which my SQL Server is using and Icreated a rule for that port in the firewall but still it won't work.  Thanks in advance!</p>

Comments

• Which version of BIRT are you using? Have you downloaded the microsoft JDBC and load them into your data source? The version that you can use is sqljdbc4.jar. Which SQL server are you using?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>I am using the most recent version.  I have downloaded the microsoft driver you mentioned and it shows up in my dropdown for driver Class.  I am using Microsoft SQL server 2008.</p>
  • Ok. Do you get specific errors? Your JDBC URL is correct? Such as below? Id and password correct? Can you get a screenshot of the error?<br><br>
    jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=AdventureWorks
  • <p>Can I post an image from my screen?  If so how?</p>
  • <p>Click on the 'More Reply Option' and you have more things to choose to reply to this topic. I am attaching a word document on my connection to MSSQL using BIRT Kepler. Press the 'Test Connection' and is it successful?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> </p>
  • <p>Moving to Designing BIRT Reports forum</p>