[ Javascript APIs] [ iHub 3.1] Integrating a HTML5 Chart in another application

egau
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying to integrated a chart coming from a BIRT report (containing only one chart) to another page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've already succeeded in doing that in two ways :</p>
<p> </p>
<ul><li><strong>Solution 1 </strong><strong> :</strong> Setting default report parameter value that works in my context so I hide the report pan & the top bar.
<ul><li><strong>The limit</strong>:  depending on the page I display, I want to be able to change the parameter value that are pushed into MySQL request, so this solution 1 is not good.</li>
</ul></li>
</ul><p>

Comments

• <p>Or maybe the solution is to use somehting <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/APIReference/index.html#page/APIReference/JSAPIRef.12.32.html#'&gt;like that </a></p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    Class actuate.report.HTML5Chart.ClientChart</pre>
    <p>but finally it's not easier / faster than using another Javascript Chart component.</p>
  • kclark
    kclark E
    edited May 27, 2015 #3
    <p>You could use the filter method in the JavaScript API to filter the values of the chart of your current page.  I don't have an example off hand, but I know what you're asking for is possible by using filters on the chart.  I'll work on an example and post it here.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Hello,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks for the answer.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I see what you mean but the advantage of filtering data using report parameter (hidden or not) is that SQL request filters data BEFORE the graph so there are less data retrieved.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I can't afford to retrieve all data and filter them in the graph because it means I will have to handle from somes MB to 10s of GB by graph (depending on the context). I don't think iHub will manage that correctly neither.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Then I have some ACL on data that I have to manage and the graph will have to be different regarding the user viewing it so it's for better performance that I have to filter data before the graph is generated.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I tried to have a "data design" file that have a model with 3 table with one table of 57M of lines (~ 700MB of data and 160MB of index) and the iHub dashboard just gave me an error. Maybe it's a memory problem but I don't have illimited memory here :) (neither my customers)</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks in advance if you have any other suggestion that can meet my performance issue.</p>