How to put a value contained in a list into a page variable

Options
paul ra.
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>I want to create a document from a list of test reports. Each report will start on a new page and may span a number of pages. In the footer I want to display the name of the current report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using a list element to iterate over the test reports and, initially, I thought that I could put the report name in the list footer area. Strangely, the footer text is always displayed on the following page. (I searched for a while but cannot see why there should be a page break)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My current approach is to use a page variable which is displayed in the master-page footer area.</p>
<p>How can I set the page variable from within the list? Can I use one of the script events? How can I get the value of the current details object?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(Just to clarify, the data set is based on a POJO which is why I talk about getting the 'object'. I would just like to know how to grab a current value from the data set)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I viewed a presentation on YouTube which was using the <em>onPageBreak </em>event of a data set object to get the value of that object and to put it in the page variable. This doesn't work for me. The master-page footer appears to get drawn before the <em>onPageBreak </em>event is called.</p>

Comments

• <p>Are you using separate run and render tasks or the run and render task? This changes the order of some of the script methods. This could be a cause to your issue.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>You want to take a value from the current page and display it in the master page footer? Let me know.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb