How to Navigate in same excelsheet report tabs using hyperlink

PriyaK
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have requirement in that we have to link same excelsheet data from different tabs using hyperlink.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example. In excelsheet I am using two tables to display data i.e Customer Table and Order Table.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>On first sheet I am displaying CustomerData and in remaining sheets I am displaying Customer Order details.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached sample report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So when you click CustomerNumber from first sheet (ex. 114) then user should be navigated to tab 114.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can we achieve this in BIRT. I am using BIRT 4.5.0 version.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know if anyone knows anything about this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Comments

• PaulCooper
    edited September 8, 2015 #2
    <p>The only thing I can think of to help you is for you to use the Spudsoft Excel emitter and use the ExcelEmitter.TemplateFile setting (see <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/wiki/UserProperties)'>https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/wiki/UserProperties)</a>to point to a template excel file (it would have to be a macro-enabled .xlsm file). Then in that template add VBA code to the Workbook_Open() event to convert values in the first sheet, in the first column, from cell A2 down, where the content is not null and not already a hyperlink (to stop it converting again and again every time you open it), to hyperlinks pointing to the appropriate sheet.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Regards,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Paul</p>
  • Clement Wong
    Clement Wong E mod
    edited September 8, 2015 #3
    <p>You can do this in BIRT by simply assigning the hyperlink in the format as follows:</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    "#" + row["CUSTOMERNUMBER"] + "!A1"</pre>
    <p>See the attached example.  It was written and tested in BIRT 4.5.0, and exported as XLSX.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>I Really  appreciate your quick help Clement and Paul. Its working as expected. Once again thanks for your help :)  <strong>.</strong></p>
  • @Clement Wong said:
    You can do this in BIRT by simply assigning the hyperlink in the format as follows:

"#" + row["CUSTOMERNUMBER"] + "!A1"

See the attached example.  It was written and tested in BIRT 4.5.0, and exported as XLSX.

Where is attached example? It did not work for me with above format. Could you please help? thanks!

• @PriyaK said:
    I Really  appreciate your quick help Clement and Paul. Its working as expected. Once again thanks for your help :)  .

@PriyaK : how did you get it working? could you please share your result?

• @birtCubes said:

@Clement Wong said:
    You can do this in BIRT by simply assigning the hyperlink in the format as follows:

"#" + row["CUSTOMERNUMBER"] + "!A1"

See the attached example.  It was written and tested in BIRT 4.5.0, and exported as XLSX.

Where is attached example? It did not work for me with above format. Could you please help? thanks!

@Clement Wong could you please help?

• The previous .rptdesign attachments have not yet been migrated over to this new forum.

Attached is the example. Please rename the .txt to .rptdesign.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb