Bound parameter breaking custom report

RCirne
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using Maximo 7.5.0.6 with BIRT 3.7.1 and I have created a custom report that takes in 7 parameters.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>All the parameters are bound to existing attributes, except for 2 date parameters.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The report runs perfectly in the designer and most of the time in the server. My problem occurs when the user inputs a value for one of the bound parameters. When it is filled, the new window opened by Maximo to display the report does not load the report, instead a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" is shown.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The only difference between this parameter and the others that work properly is that it's bound to an attribute of the ASSET object, not WORKORDER, which is the main object of the application. If I configure this parameter to be unbound, or to bound to an attribute on the WORKORDER object, the error does not occur.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I debugged the report launch process and the reportParam Map generated is similar in all cases (bound to ASSET attribute, bound to WORKORDER attribute, unbound), the only differences obviously in the generated where clause and the request unique Ids. I've failed to understand why the redirection to the report viewer page doesn't work in the first case.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The parameter I am having problems with has a value list attached to it, so I need it to be bound to the correct attribute in order to have the lookup functionality.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas anyone?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

Comments

• jverly01
    edited November 19, 2015 #2
    <p>Do you have a lookup associated with the parameter in Maximo? For example, if the parameter is the SITEID, do you use the SITE lookup?</p>
  • <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jverly01" data-cid="140231" data-time="1447975695">
    <div>
    <p>Do you have a lookup associated with the parameter in Maximo? For example, if the parameter is the SITEID, do you use the SITE lookup?</p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Hello jverly01, thanks for your interest.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I have tested both ways and it doesn't seem to matter. Also, I have tested binding it to different attributes that use other look ups than valuelist, but the problem persists.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Another intriguing fact is that the redirection only fails when the parameter has a non-null value, if it is empty, the report runs. This made me think the problem perhaps was in the generated where clause that is sent to the report viewer. I'm still looking into it, though.</p>
  • <p>try something like this siteid='" + params["site"].replace(/[=!,]/,"")+ "')"</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Maximo is probably adding an equal sign which will then give you two.</p>
  • <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="wwilliams" data-cid="140372" data-time="1448985591">
    <div>
    <p>try something like this siteid='" + params["site"].replace(/[=!,]/,"")+ "')"</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Maximo is probably adding an equal sign which will then give you two.</p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Hello wwilliams, thanks for replying.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>In the dataset I use the MXReportSqlFormat.createParamWhereClause() function, that deals with the parameter operator just fine.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>The issue I am facing seems to be happening even before the report itself opens, let alone the dataset. From my testing I found that the error occurs when the jsp page <MAXIMO_HOME>/applications/maximo/maximouiweb/webmodule/common/openreport.jsp tries to redirect to the BIRT report viewer. I am beginning to think maybe it has something to do with our network infrastruture.</p>
  • <p>You could always post the rptdesign and we Maximo users could test and see if we get similar results.</p>