Hyperlink issue while embedding reports in JSAPI

bcmp
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>When reports are embedded using JSAPI and the report containing the hyperlink opens up in the new window rather in the same window(frame) on click of it. Is this an issue?</p>

Comments

• <p>What type of hyperlink are you using?</p>
    <p>Are you referring to a drill-through to another report or a different type of hyper link?</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>yes, it is drill through to another report.</p>
  • JFreeman
    edited November 23, 2015 #4
    <p>Edit: Disregard my original comment, I had a hostname issue in my testing.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>There should not be any issues with this setup launching in a new window. The authentication from the Viewer object will carry over to the new window and the report will load directly in the iHub's iPortal viewer.</p>
  • <p>Actually, the content of the report linked through hyperlink action should replace the existing report content when we provide drill through ->show target report in same frame. It shouldn't be opening up another window with viewer object especially in use case for a custom build web application.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Is there any other way to do this?</p>
  • <p>Instead of using the drill-through hyperlink setup, post-process applying a onclick event clent side with javascript that executes a function to re-load the JSAPI viewer object with the desired new report/parameter should do the trick while keeping the whole thing totally embedded.</p>