How to connect to Sql Server 2012

bharat_mel
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am new to BIRT Designer. I tried to connect sql server but I couldnt.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ERROR: </p>
<div>org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, Login failed for user ''. ClientConnectionId:c3b1b0cb-0126-4730-bb8c-46d98ced3f97.</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:336)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:209)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.tryCreateConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:824)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.testConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:724)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.testConnection(DriverLoader.java:147)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.testConnection(DriverLoader.java:175)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.testConnection(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:998)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper.access$11(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:960)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper$8.widgetSelected(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:883)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053).</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have downloaded Sqljdbc4. jar file and paste to C Drive. Do i have to set path variable?</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Driver Class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver ( v4.0)</div>
<div>my Database URl: jdbc:sqlserver://xxxx:1433;databasename=AdventureWorks2012</div>
<p> </p>
<p>sql server 2012 (Windows Auth)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Can anyone please help me  how to connect sql server 2012</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers</p>

Comments

• <p>Hi,<br>
     <br>
    maybe it is just a bad copy/paste but the URL must have a big N at database<strong>N</strong>ame<br><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">jdbc:sqlserver://xxxx:1433;database</span></span><span style="color:#282828;"><span style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"><strong>N</strong></span></span><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">ame=AdventureWorks2012</span></span><br>
     <br>
    look at this video, it may be interresting<br>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0baQeP7V3c&lt;br&gt;
     <br>
    Other thing sometimes, SQL Server installation does not enable TCP network protocols. To check it<br>
    1. Launch the SQL Server Configuration Manager<br>
    2. Select the SQL Server Network Configuration tab. <br>
    3. Enable the TCP IP protocol if it is not enabled. <br><br>
    Also The default port may not be 1433.</p>
    <p>To find the port it is listening on, right-click on the TCP IP protocol and scroll all the way down to the IP All heading. There should be a section called TCP Dynamic Ports.<br>
    This should list the port SQL Server is listening on. You can then put this value into the port field.<br><br>
    Make sure to restart your server before trying to connect.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • bharat_mel
    edited December 10, 2015 #3
    <p>Thank You. I  was using windows authentication mode (sql server 2012). I changed to sql server authentication mode. I  have  created  user and password. It worked. </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Cheers</p>