BIRT Sample report from Classic car DB

hatra
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p>Anyone know where I can downlaod all BIRT sample reports from classic car db please.</p>
<p>Thanks</p>

Comments

• <p>Hi,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>In O/S BIRT, you can view all sample reports by going to Window --> Show View -- Other... Then, in the Show View Dialog, choose Report and Chart Designs --> Report Examples:</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Cheers Pierre</p>
  • <div>Hi Pricher,</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>Under 'Report Design', I couldn't see any Examples folder and it doesn't have 'Chart Design folder.</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>I've downloaded 'birt-sample-plugins-4_4_2-20150217.zip' file and it has 'org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples_4.4.2.v201410272105.jar' file.</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>Using 'File->Open' menu option, I've tried open the above .jar file, but I couldn't see any sample report.</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>I'm new to this at the moment, could you please help me on this? Should I download any examples first before try opening it in the BIRT? Please help.</div>
  • <p>Hi,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I don't know where that feature has gone. However, you can find most of these examples <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.eclipse.org/birt/demos/'>here</a>.</p&gt;
    <p> </p>
    <p>P.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>First, it is <u><strong>not</strong></u> under <strong>Report Design</strong>. It is under <strong>Report and Chart Design</strong> as shown in the screenshot attached by Pierre in his answer.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>If it is still not there then do the following with the sample zip file that you have downloaded.</p>
    <p>1. extract the jar <span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);">org.eclipse.birt.chart.examples_4.4.2.v201410272105.jar </span></span></p>
    <p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">2. navigate to your local eclipse installation, <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><path-to-eclipse>\eclipse</span></strong></span></p>
    <p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">3. copy the jar from Step 1 into the eclipse plugins folder, <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><path-to-eclipse>\eclipse\plugins</span></strong></span></p>
    <p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">4. restart eclipse with the clean option as so, <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><path-to-eclipse>\eclipse\eclipse.exe -clean</span></strong></span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Step 4 needs to be done just once and can be done from the command line. </span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">It would be easier to create a shortcut to <span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">eclipse.exe</span> and name it <strong>eclipse-clean-shortcut</strong>.</span></p>
    <p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">For the created shortcut, right-click and open it and then specify the <strong><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">-clean</span></strong> option in the Target.</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>When eclipse restarts, navigate as before to Show View and locate the examples under Report and Chart Design. It should show up now.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>If you still cannot access the samples, continue to ask on this thread and not on the other one where I answered before.</p>