HTML Gadget linking with Data selector

G-Man
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have some HTML portion on my report (Tabbed HTML Output) which I will have to use on Dashboard in HTML gadget to work as expected. But if I have to get a Data selector Gadget on Dashboard, how this linking will happen between Data selector Gadget and BIRT report used as HTML Gadget. Or anyone could suggest another approach.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>

Comments

• <p>G-Man,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Can you provide a little more detail regarding this HTML portion?  Are you creating an HTML gadget and displaying a report using Actuate JavaScript API (JSAPI) in the dashboard, or are you doing something else?  What are you expecting the data selector gadget in the report to change in the report (or HTML portion of the report)?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>If you have a maintenance agreement with OpenText Analytics (Actuate), it may make sense to open a ticket with OpenText Customer Support to look more closely at your dashboard, report, and other code to see what your options are.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thank You,</p>
    <p>Drew Hodson</p>
    <p>OpenText Customer Support </p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Hi Drew,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks for the quick response.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>My requirement is to have a dashboard where Data selected in a data selector Gadget should reflect in all tabs of that Dashboard. At Present, in BIRT Dashboard you need to place Data selector Gadget on each tab and data selected in one tab does not get reflected to another tab. To achieve this I have decided to use HTML tabbed output report in Dashboard which will work as work around for this limitation. Below link has that example</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/920-creating-a-tabbed-html-output/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/920-creating-a-tabbed-html-output/</a></p&gt;
    <p> </p>
    <p>But this report only works as expected when viewed as HTML. If this report is included in Dashboard as normal report or reportlet would not work.Hence I have decided to use HTML gadget and provided link of this report in HTML gadget. The report works well, but when I get Data Sector Gadget and this HTML gadget together, I am not able to link them with regular linking process.I need help in achieving this.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Let me know if you need further info.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks</p>
  • <p>G-Man,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I believe I follow you.  I am looking into what the options are.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thank You,</p>
    <p>Drew Hodson</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb