Outputting Report Document as JPEG

CodeRookie
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi, all!  I'm looking for some information on how to output a report document as a JPEG.  I did find this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ba-birt-emitter/index.html'>http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ba-birt-emitter/index.html</a></p&gt;
<p> </p>
<p>but I don't know if that would still work with Designer Professional 4.4.0.  Haven't really found much else on the subject.  Any thoughts?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>
<p> </p>

Comments

• <p>Not that I know the answer, but curious as to what is the use case where you want a JPEG.</p>
  • <p>Hi, Mica!  On our SharePoint homepage, we have a series of charts that display different safety / production information.  The originals were developed by an outside firm, but we have now designed them in BRD Pro.  We were interested to see if it would be easier to just have scheduled jobs run every ten minutes (there are three charts) and output as JPEG to the page instead of linking to the report output.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks,</p>
    <p>Scott</p>
  • <p>Why not use JSAPI to embed the actual content?</p>
  • CodeRookie, I wrote an example about 12 months ago using phantomjs and the emitter framework to auto-generate thumbnails in jpg format for reports using a servlet and servlet filter in the iHub, if this would be helpful I can dig up the project and post it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Hi, Kristopher!  I would be interested in seeing that when you get a chance.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks,</p>
    <p>Scott</p>
  • <p>I'll look through my old work space and post it once it's found, though I think Mica's suggestion would be the best approach.  Is there a specific use case you are trying to fill by using a jpg instead of the interactive viewer?</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Hi,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I need JPEG output for all the report item on a particular page of a report.</p>
    <p>Let's say a page in report has 3 components - A Table, chart & Image. I want 3 JPEG files to be generated for individual report items.</p>
    <p>So far I am only successful in getting image for Table. Chart & Image are not getting rendered on JPEG individually .</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Regards</p>
    <p>Shasha</p>
  • Shasha
    edited March 10, 2017 #9
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="143836" data-time="1463075796">
    <div>
    <p>I'll look through my old work space and post it once it's found, though I think Mica's suggestion would be the best approach.  Is there a specific use case you are trying to fill by using a jpg instead of the interactive viewer?</p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Hi Clark, Can you please that example?</p>
    <p>Only thing is I am using BIRT open source.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Regards</p>
    <p>Shasha</p>