Please help: BIRT Output Side-by-side tables Use Excel Format

wzc314159
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Dear all, I want to create side-by-side tables using Excel output. I use 3*2 grid to divide the panel. It's seemed all right when using Report Viewer, but not OK when output using Excel, all content is in one cell. I try to use "Dynamic Text" but can't create data binding. Please give me some hints to solve this, many thanks and regards.</p>
<p>

Comments

• <p>Which version of BIRT designer are you using?</p>
  • <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shweta Parihar" data-cid="144879" data-time="1470769102">
    <div>
    <p>Which version of BIRT designer are you using?</p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p>Hi, I'm using the newest version of BIRT.</p>
  • sureshpulapalli
    edited August 10, 2016 #4
    <p>Is it eclipse birt or Actuate Birt? Is this issue for both the formats Excel and XLSX?</p>
  • jfranken
    edited August 10, 2016 #5
    <p>The easiest way I can think of to implement this report is to create two data sets, one for customers and one for employees.  Place a grid on the report that has one row and two columns.  Dragging a data set from the Data Explorer tab to the layout automatically creates a table on the report containing the columns in the data set, so dragging the customers data set into the left cell of the grid will create a table for customers on the left side of the report.  Dragging the employees data set into the right cell of the grid will create a table for employees on the right side of the report.  </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Using this method to create side-by-side tables in BIRT 4.6, the formatting issue still occurs when the report is exported to XLSX. Both of the tables are inserted into a single spreadsheet cell.  However, exporting to XLS or ODS (which can be opened in Excel) causes the tables to display properly.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>If the XLSX format is a requirement, it might be possible to get a fix for this issue:</p>
    <p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/issues?responsible=yaytay'>https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/issues?responsible=yaytay</a></p&gt;
    <p> </p>
    <p>Edit: I forgot to mention that the XLSX emitter in the professional version of BIRT handles the export properly (tested in BRDPro 4.4.0).</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Regards,</p>
    <p>Jeff</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb