Preview Issue with 4.2.2

lenburt
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello out there -- i have recently installed the All-in-one 4.2.2 package on a client's Windows7 machine and i am getting the error below when previewing a report.  The same package works fine on other machines.  Any ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong><span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;"><span style="font-size:18pt;">HTTP ERROR: 500</span></span></strong></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'times new roman', serif;"><span style="font-size:12pt;">Problem accessing /viewer/frameset. Reason: </span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">    PWC6033: Error in Javac compilation for JSP</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">PWC6199: Generated servlet error:</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">The type java.io.ObjectInputStream cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files</span></span></p>

Comments

• <p>I have been able to narrow this problem down to any report which has a report parameter.  Even a simple 'Hello World' template which works fine, throws this error once a report parm is added to it.  Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?</p>
  • <p>If running on internet explorer, change to either chrome or firefox. I encountered same sometime with reports with parameters.</p>
  • <p>I am using Chrome, but thanks for the suggestion.</p>
  • <p>Looks to me like it could be a Java version issue on your client's machine. I'd start there.</p>
  • <p>Yes, i agree...we are trying different JREs now.  One question about that.  Can some one explain how the BIRT developer uses these:</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>1) the JRE in JAVA_HOME at the time Eclipse starts</p>
    <p>2) The first JRE bin in the Windows path when Eclipse starts</p>
    <p>3) The JRE specified in the Eclipse/Windows/Preferences/Java/Installed JREs</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>It does get confusing.</p>
  • <p>Len,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Lets start with #3;    I believe the Eclipse preferences can be selected at compile time. If memory serves me, you might even have some</p>
    <p>                                kind of drop down to select from within the IDE?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>regarding #2;           If you're referring to the System or Environment variables classpath; I believe the default is to "walk the classpath"</p>
    <p>                                until your java program hits the first class variable it is expecting. Order matters in your System or environment</p>
    <p>                                variables.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>finally #1;                 I think this is the "default" Java location for your Eclipse installation. You are able to control this in the eclipse.ini</p>
    <p>                                file. For example use: <span>-</span><span>vm C</span><span>:/</span><span>Java</span><span>/</span><span>jdk1</span><span>.</span><span>7.0</span><span>_09_x64</span><span>/</span><span>jre</span><span>/</span><span>bin</span><span>/</span><span>server</span><span>/</span><span>jvm</span><span>.</span><span>dll to use java version 7</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Hope this helps, if not... I know IBM and ORACLE both have much better and more comprehensive info than I can manage off the top of my head.                   </p>
  • <p>Ok - good info.  We actually resolved the problem by pointing to the 1.7 79 JRE.  Hopefully this thread will help others in the future.</p>