Unable to use Sample RSSE example

Options
Belmont
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>I've been attempting to get this up and running for about a week now with no avail. I downloaded the example RSSE (the non-OTDS version) from somewhere under Resources, and read the Integrating Applications into BIRT iHub manual to attempt to get it working. When I try to log into the information console using one of the example names from the json file, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>username: volume1\user1</p>
<p>password: pass</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I get an error: 19044: Login error. Problem with the Report Server Security Extension. Please contact your system administrator. Parameter1=Axis Error Code -1, Parameter2=null.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I inspect the log file, the thing that sticks out is an org.apache.axisw2.databindingABDException: Unexpected subelement {<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11/rsse}UserName'&gt;http://schemas.actuate.com/actuate11/rsse}UserName&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
<p> </p>
<p>Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint where this exact issue is occurring. I'm new to WSDL's, so while I can possibly pinpoint that something could be happening over there, I'm struggling to figure out why, if that is the case. The integration guide itself seemed to imply that I should be able to just deploy the example and it should work, then I could from there educate myself how everything operates. I also used an RSSE WSDL file that was provided from OpenText support, and that didn't seem to work either. I'm also guessing that since the WSDL seems to be an interface, that I shouldn't mess with it, so maybe there was something wrong with the example code itself that needs to be fixed to get it up and running? Or maybe I need a version of Apache Axis2 that was never specified in the integration manual?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm absolutely clueless at the moment and any help to get this working would be appreciated. I'm using iHub 3.1.1, Apache Tomcat 8.0.37, and Apache Axis2 1.7.3. I also attached an image of a stack trace that I got in one of my logs that goes into a bit more detail with the ABDException. <br><br>
I'm not sure if this will help any either, but the main methods in the code seem to be called in this order:</p>
<p>start()</p>
<p>getTranslatedRoleNames()</p>
<p>doesUserExist()</p>
<p>getUserProperties()</p>
<p>And then it doesn't go any farther than that. It also appears doesUserExist() returns a true value when I do enter that username in, so it seems like some parts are working, but something isn't clicking together as it should.</p>

Comments

• <p>Belmont,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>What version of the iHub are you using?</p>
    <p>The stack indicates that there is a call being made to selectusersofgroup, but the example should be using external registration instead of external authentication.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Do you have a current support contract? If so, I would strongly suggest contacting Support for further analysis on this issue you are facing.</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Belmont
    edited October 18, 2016 #3
    Options
    I'm currently using iHub 3.1.1, specifically <span style="color:rgb(70,70,70);">Build 231A150710.</span> according to the system console. I have tried contacting support before, but they stated that the example isn't supposed to work right out of the box, and looking at this is outside of their normal operations and that I should contact professional services, but I was hoping to avoid doing that since this was an example Actuate/OpenText provided. I just found it odd that they'd state that since the integration manual seems to imply that it should at least work with its barebones functionality.<br><br>
    I have noticed that it's hanging up on selectRolesOfUser, but there's no code of selectRolesOfUser in the main RSSE. I stumbled upon a mention of where the unexpected subelement is thrown in the generated code after running an ANT build, and it's in a couple of those generated objects, but that's about it. And there's no mention of selectRolesOfUser in the WSDL. I've also noticed that selectRolesOfUser is only briefly mentioned in one sentence in the API reference manual, stating that selectRoles calls selectRolesOfUser, and that's about it. There's no section dedicated to it like the rest of the methods, such as selectUser, doesUserExist, getUserProperties, etc. <br><br>
    Edit: made a couple tweaks to my reply to fix any incorrect information I initially had.
  • <p>Belmont,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>It looks like the unexpected element may be a bug in Axis 2.</p>
    <p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4858'>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4858</a></p&gt;
    <p> </p>
    <p>It looks like sometimes it does not serialize choice and sequence elements properly when part of a choice element.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Where did you get the example RSSE from? Was it from GitHub?</p>
  • <p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://developer.actuate.com/resources/documentation/ihub31/integration/'>http://developer.actuate.com/resources/documentation/ihub31/integration/</a></p&gt;
    <p> </p>
    <p>I got it from this page and clicking on 'RSSE Implementation' under Downloadable Examples. I've been looking at the WSDL files to figure out if the order is incorrect, or if something is missing, but haven't figured that out yet. If it's a bug in Axis2, I would've loved to know the version which the example used to deploy it, but unfortunately that one detail was never specified.</p>
  • <p>Belmont,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Could you send me a private message with your email address?</p>
    <p>I'd like to review the ticket you opened, as that may have additional details on the issue.</p>
  • <p>Just messaged you. I hope all those details help.</p>
  • Belmont
    edited October 25, 2016 #8
    Options
    <p>Found out what the issue was. I discovered that the SampleRSSE code on the Actuate site, under the integration section, is broken. I came back to re-read your replies and you mentioned a git repository, so I decided to google SampleRSSE git. I downloaded the project from there, deployed it on my Axis2 and everything now works. If I didn't come back to re-read your replies, I wouldn't have thought to look there. There was no mention of it in the integration guide.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>So I wanted to say thank you so much for making life very less frustrating. Also, I hope that file on your site gets updated, just so then no one else experiences the same issue. </p>