Bug: Rendering on Page Break

kosta
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello BIRT Community,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>the PDF reports have one rendering bug now for several years. Even in the version of BIRT 4.5.0 it still exists.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will upload the rptdesign file and the generated PDF for this issue. In the PDF on the 4th page you can see the rendering bug.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe I am doing something wrong and hope to get here some hint or answer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you for any information in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kosta</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• <p>Hi Kosta,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I was able to replicate this issue in various versions of the software.  After doing some research I found someone who has encountered this issue before.  The BIRT engine uses a subset of CSS2 formatting and it cannot determine the proper sizing in some situations.  A workaround is to change the text element from HTML to Plain Text.  Remove the HTML tags and do the formatting with styles.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Regards,</p>
    <p>Jeff</p>
  • <div>Hello Jeff,</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>thanks for the fast answer and the workaround.</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>Does this mean that I can not use different styled text in one text item because only one style can be bound to an report text item?</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>This means I need for different styled text also more text items because I need to split the text then depend on the different styles.</div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>Is there any way to style larger text content for the text items with different styles and using the workaround?                      </div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>Best Regards,</div>
    <div>Kosta  </div>
  • <p>Hello BIRT community,<br><br>
    for this case I have created another workaround which uses HTML but not like it is meant to be used.<br><br><strong>First</strong> all report text items are inline means the display attribute is set to inline.</p>
    <p><strong>Then</strong> following HTML transaltions are need to be done:</p>
    <p>
    The h-tags and p-tags are tranlated into span-tags with padding-bottom for changing the line height.</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    <span style="padding-bottom:1mm;">Some text</span></pre>
    <p>The br-tag is substituted by the div-tag with height attribute for controlling the space between the span-blocks.</p>
    <div style="height:5px;">&nbsp;</div></pre>
    <p>Then you have an mix of span and div tags.</p>
    <div style="height:5px;">&nbsp;</div>
    <span style="padding-bottom:1mm;">Text content</span>
    <span style="padding-bottom:1mm;color:blue;font-size:12pt;font-family:'Arial';font-weight:bold;">Some Headings</span>
    <span style="padding-bottom:1mm;">Text content</span>
    </pre>
    <p>Has not to do with the bug:<br>
    Alternatively for the list you can try to use the list tokens or create it with table:</p>
    <table><tbody>
       <tr><td valign="top" style="padding-right:0.3em; text-align:right">i.</td><td colspan="19">Text1<span style="padding-bottom:0.5mm">&nbsp;</span></td></tr>
       <tr><td valign="top" style="padding-right:0.3em; text-align:right">ii.</td><td colspan="19">Text2<span style="padding-bottom:0.5mm">&nbsp;</span></td></tr>
       <tr><td valign="top" style="padding-right:0.3em; text-align:right">iii.</td><td colspan="19">Text3</td></tr>
    </tbody></table>
    </pre>
    <p>How you see there is an improvisation of the HTML which is not clean but avoids the PDF bug.<br><br>
    Best Regards,<br>
    Kosta</p>