Running several jobs at the same time

DennisSchaefer
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible to execute several scheduled jobs in iHub at the same time? I scheduled a reportdesign once a day that needs 20 minutes for execution. While this report is executing all other scheduled jobs are added to the list of pending jobs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Comments

• <p>Dennis,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>This is dependent entirely on the license and configuration of the iHub.</p>
    <p>If your license has more than 1 Factory work unit, or is a CPU based license you can modify the acserverconfig.xml file to increase the maximum number of factories that can run.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Please let me know if this is something that you need some additional information or help on.</p>
    <p>Thanks!</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Hi Ryan, </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks for your reply. I have a CPU based license with a core limit of 2. How do I have to modify the acserverconfig.xml to increase the maximum number of factories?</p>
  • <p>Dennis,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>At the bottom of the acserverconfig.xml file (typically found at $AC_SERVER_HOME$/shared/config/) there is a block titled "ServerList".</p>
    <p>In this list you should see your node, and what template it uses.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>In the template section (second secondary section of the file), look for the template specified at the bottom of the config.</p>
    <p>Within that template's block, find the BIRT Factory resource group and modify similar to below, as the default MaxFactory value is one:</p>
    <div><ServerResourceGroupSetting</div>
    <div>Name="Default BIRT Factory"</div>
    <div>Activate="true"</div>
    <div><span style="color:#ff0000;">MaxFactory="2"</span></div>
    <div>StartArguments="-Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UsePerfData -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.actuate.javaserver.protocol com.actuate.javaserver.Server"/></div>
    <div> </div>
    <div>Save the file, then start the iHub service again.</div>
  • <p>Hi Ryan,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I edited the config file and restarted iHub service. But still the same problem. I only get one job my list of active jobs at once.</p>
    <p>Is there maybe a problem in my schedule configuration?</p>
  • <p>Dennis,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Could you check the acpmdconfig.xml file (located at $AC_SERVER_HOME$/etc/) for the value of the AC_CONFIG_HOME and search for the word template?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Please post both of those into a reply, and upload a copy of the acserverconfig.xml file (with any IP addresses and server names removed, please).</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I'd like to take a quick peek at this as manual editing of the xml file can be like trying to hunt down the missing semi-colon in a java application.</p>
  • <p>Hi Ryan,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>here the value of AC_CONFIG_HOME:</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    <EnvironmentVariable Name="AC_CONFIG_HOME" Value="D:/BIRTiHubVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/shared/config"/></pre>
    <p>The only time I could find the word template was here:</p>
    <div>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    <Service Name="BIRT" Description="BIRT based Data Visualization Services" DisplayName="BIRT" StartupType="Auto">
        <Property Name="CapacityTemplate" Value="large"/>
    </Service></pre>
    <p>
  • <p>Dennis,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Insert a line between lines 296 and 297 in the acserverconfig.xml file.</p>
    <p>Insert the following text:</p>
    <p>MaxFactory="2"</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>This should allow for 2 Asynchronous factories to run simultaneously so long as the system has sufficient resources (CPU and RAM).</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>The change in entry that you modified to 2 was in the "disable" template.</p>
    <p>Please let me know if you run into any issues with the process.</p>
    <p>Thanks!</p>
  • <p>Hi Ryan,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>it works! Thanks for your help!</p>
  • <p>Dennis,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Glad to hear it!</p>
    <p>Hope that helps you in finding the right balance for factories to the system resources.</p>
  • <p>Hi Ryan,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>yes it works much better now.</p>
    <p>Thanks for the great support.</p>