Render pdf with toolbar and navigation buttons already hidden

bugsy
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi - I am generating two BIRT (4.3.2) reports in pdf format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like them both to render (I am using IE) in the browser with the toolbar and navigation panels not showing (turned off).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The confusing thing is, one renders with them turned off (which is what I want) and the other renders with them turned on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using the same code and the reports follow the same path through the code.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can right click and 'Hide Navigation Pane Buttons' and 'Hide Toolbars', but I don't want the users to have to do this every time they render the report.  Especially since the other one renders with them closed already.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do not understand why this is happening.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would appreciate any ideas.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you</p>

Comments

• Zorawar
    edited May 25, 2017 #2
    <p>For the report that shows the toolbar and navigation, it will most probably have some ToC (Table of Contents) entries.</p>
    <p>Check the report items that add ToC entries by default like groups in tables.</p>
    <p>Open the design file and look at the <strong>XML Source</strong> view and search for,</p>
    <pre class="_prettyXprint">
    structure name="toc"</pre>
    <p>That will quickly give you all the report items that have ToC entries and then they can be removed by switching back to <strong>Layout</strong> view.</p>