Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Use Javascript variable value in dataset
caracas4921
<div>
<div>[sharedmedia=core:attachments:14378]</div>
Hi everyone,</div>
<div>I created a list of items with checkbox in each row to select the elements and update the date in the field att073.</div>
<div>My question is: it is possible select rows elegible to update, using the checkbox and reload the report in order to update that row?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I tried use the javascript to colect the selected rows but I can't pass the js variable thought the dataset when reload the report.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>You have another way to do this? or idea?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thank you,</div>
<div>José Afonso </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
<p>Generally, you wouldn't use the report itself to write back to a database, but there are lots of ways to pull this off. I looked at your report and you are already on the right track by creating an HTML form... but I would send the form action back to another process like Java Servlet or whatever dev platform you are comfortable with. </p>
<p>Also, you can add distinct 'name' values to the INPUT tag by appending the row number to the 'name' value like an example shown at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/40205-how-to-make-html-report-output-editable/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/40205-how-to-make-html-report-output-editable/</a></p>
;