BIRT Report unable to do automatic data set binding

engineero73
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<div> </div>
<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a BIRT report that I've attached called OR14.rptdesign.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's a very basic report in which I've created one data source with two data sets. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping one field (called SHIP_DATE) from a data set (called PW_OEOO2_L1) into a table detail row cell for a column called Ship-Date. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I'm seeing is...when I try to drag and drop the SHIP_DATE field into the Ship-Date table detail row cell, I get a circle with a diagonal line through it, indicating that I can't do that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, all fields in the other data set (PW_C_WHSE_L1), I have no problems with dragging and dropping any of the five fields that are in that data set. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Comments

• <p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">The reason you are not able to add column "SHIP_DATE" from PW_OEOO2_L1 is because the table binding is set to dataset</p>
    <p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">PW_C_WHSE_L1  and you can only bind single dataset to a table.</p>
    <p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">What you can do is, create a joined data set joining the dataset from which you want to pull values to the table and then bind that dataset to your table.</p>
  • <p>I will have a need to use data from more than two tables and I'm not sure if I will be able to join all of these tables with a SQL join. </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>I'm thinking of binding the table to a stored procedure and then dragging and dropping data from that stored procedure as well as other SQL queries. Would that work?</p>
  • <p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">Yes, that will be even better, as if required you can even use the same stored procedure for other reports too.</p>
  • <p>Thanks Shweta</p>