Documentum WF

Documentumguru
edited July 2, 2013 in Documentum #1

We have the following requirement,

1. Documents will be scanned in or imported to the Repository

2. Indexer will index the Scanned/Imported documents

3. Indexer wants to route the document to someone who reviews (Group D) or Writers (Group E) or to pusblishers (Group G)

Since there is no business processes we can't use WF, how can we accomplish this project?

We are planning on using Taskspace, not Webtop so we can't use Quick Flow

Can we have a Three different queues

Reviews(Group D)

Writers (Group E)

Pusblishers (Group G)

But my understanding is that you can't have queues if you are not using WFs. Correct me if I am wrong.

Tagged:

Comments

• pettitk
    edited June 27, 2013 #2

Why can’t you use workflows? I assume you have Process Builder licenses?

You can always mimic/control behavior with TBO’s + attributes. Trigger a behavior based on an attribute change/value, etc. The TBO could start a WF, route it to the group or user or simply relocate the file to a folder the user monitors manually.

You could also have a Job, monitor a folder or set of docs, and route to user via a WF, or simply place the docs in a folder that the user A, B or C looks at…

Lots of options…

• Documentumguru
    edited June 28, 2013 #3

There is no business process, Indexer can be sending the task to Group A, B or C. Group A  can send to Group B or C, etc..

we are trying to use OOB solution.

• pettitk
    edited June 28, 2013 #4

Do you mean you don’t have licenses to use Process Builder/Process Engine, or that the customer doesn’t want a workflow/business process? You can still use Workflow Manager, free with content server to create a workflow if you don’t have licensing for Process Builder/Process Engine ( all depends on when you bought). If you purchased in the recent past, and you have taskspace licenses, pretty sure you have process builder/engine licenses. If you aren’t sure, check w your sales rep. Workflow is OOTB.

• Documentumguru
    edited June 28, 2013 #5

We have the license for Process Builder, it's not the licensing issue

Issue is since there is no business process, how would I route the package, can I do a free flow? I have created workflows with a Business Processes, never created one with free flow.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited July 1, 2013 #6

How does the Indexer know when a document is imported?  This is the initial activity for your business process where you can then have them define the next activity performer from Group D,E, or G.

• Documentumguru
    edited July 2, 2013 #7

Initial plan was to set up a WF to route the Scanned Documents to Indexer Queue, once we learned that there is no processes flow > we are bit confused.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited July 2, 2013 #8

In Process Builder, you can DQL Initiate activity, where you can query for newly imported docs.  These docs then can be routed to Indexer and then the Indexer can choose who should get the doc afterwards.  Users sometime get confused since a process can be composed of automated activities and does NOT have to include manual activities.  In your case, this process contains both.