xPlore 1.5 Memory occupation

Options
rushikesh.deshpande
edited January 20, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hello Experts,

I have upgraded xPlore 1.5 from xPlore 1.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2, we are having very less document indexed daily say max 400 documents. But the memory consume by Java process of Index server almost 80% to 90%, but the CPU process is only 1 to 2%.

All the index agent threads in Index Agent Details showing as IDLE, & there is no documents processing going on, what can i do to tune this index server so it should not consume more memory. Is there any way to tune the index server so that it can consume less memory?

Regards

Rushikesh

Comments

• KarelG
    edited December 13, 2016 #2
    Options

If you just start the JVM with lesser memory, wouldn't that solve your problem? So Decrease xmx value?

• Andrea Paci
    edited January 20, 2017 #3
    Options

The more documents are held in the index, the more memory will be required by xPlore. It is not an easy target to reduce the memory footprint of a xPlore installation when the index size is actually growing!

You can check and read it the other way around .

There is a table at the very end of the document with a summary of the parameters discussed in the article.

On a fresh xPlore installation, only 4GB are reserved to the PrimaryDsearch instance. Please note that 4GB is the very minimum for the product to work. It is valid for small Test systems with little data, not for large systems, not for Production systems...

I strongly discourage you from trying to limit the memory required by xPlore. You will quickly run into performance issues and crashes as the index grows...

You should actually aim to add more memory to the host / xPlore as it is required.