No login availible this morning

edited January 10, 2017 in Leap

I logged in as I always had at LEAP Courier - Enterprise Content Management | Dell EMC US however when I select the login option, I get an error message. I do not get a chance to enter any login information.

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.

Wed Jan 04 16:57:46 UTC 2017

There was an unexpected error (type=Internal Server Error, status=500).

No message available

Is the system down?

Best Answer

• edited January 10, 2017 Accepted Answer

Hi ,

We just received information from engineering that the fix to resolve this issue will be released into production on Jan 20.

I have had better luck when Courier is the only tab in the Chrome browser window. If the Whitelabel Error page is generated, kill the entire Chrome browser session and launch Chrome again and login LastPass is saved as well. Seems to generate the error more often when there are multiple tabs on the Chrome browser and killing just that Courier tab will not temporarily fix the issue when there are other open tabs.

Thanks,

Answers

• edited January 4, 2017

Hi ,

Please try clearing your browser cache and then login again. This has been reported to Engineering via Courier-1934.

Thanks,

• edited January 5, 2017

Hi ,

This issue is caused by the authentication service in LEAP and has therefore been moved to engineering consult request MTS-414. Please mark this discussion as appropriate with either a correct or helpful answer.

Thanks,

• edited January 6, 2017

Seems to be an issue with cookies and not browser cache. If I remove the browser cache, I cannot get in. If I remove cookies then I can. This creates an extreme meltdown for connecting to any site besides LEAP. And each time the site times out, I have to go and delete the cookies yet again.

• edited January 6, 2017

Hi ,

I have updated the engineering consult request, MTS-414, with your latest comments and asked them for the status of the issue.

Thanks,

• edited January 9, 2017

Any updates? I have determined that all that is needed to get it working is removal of Cookies but by doing so, it means all other applications, settings and other things have to be reset. for any of my other websites that use cookies. This is getting very frustrating and time consuming.

• edited January 9, 2017

Hi ,

Unfortunately we have not received any updates from engineering concerning this. Will let you know ASAP.

Thanks,

• edited January 10, 2017

Hi ,

I received an update from engineering that this has been fixed and is currently in the testing phase. I have asked when this fix will go into production and will let you know ASAP.

Another work around that was discovered by another support rep was to just kill the current browser session and launch another one and log in again to Courier. This way you don't have to clear all your cookies and have to reset other applications that use them.

Thanks,

• edited January 10, 2017

The workaround did not work for me. After attempting it I looked into processes and found 17 Google Chromes active. I started killing them off and found that they were killing the Google Chrome Extension applications I used.

The one work around I did find to work in my particular case was to open an Incognito window in Chrome. I could close and relaunch it whenever I got kicked out. My LastPass does not work in Incognito mode so manual login is required each time.

Eagerly waiting for the fix to be rolled out.