Tagging is being lost of existing file if importing the same file again only in TS8.2

Hi All,

I am facing an issue for existing files those are existing in Teamsite and importing it from local file system. its all meta tagging is being lost from that particular file but its not happening in TS7.4.

Please help on it. is it known issue or something else.

Comments

• In the 7.X TS UI customization guide there was a parameter you can set: iw.common.import.inherit_extended_attributes value=true (in application_custom.xml)

I do not see that in the 8.X manuals but you can look for it. Certainly will be an issue if that functionality goes away.

• its not working with TS8.2. :(

• I would open a support case, it would be really bad if they get rid of that functionality.

• Kenzer
    Kenzer E
    edited March 15, 2018 #5

@Lavina Gautam

Do you mean Extended Attributes (EA) metadata is stripped on file import ? There is a configuration file for that.

inherit_extended_attributes is the parameter and it needs to be set to true to prevent EA scrubbing on file import. Please check the following location(s) and file: \Interwoven\ApplicationContainer\server\default\deploy\iw-cc.war\WEB-INF\conf\teamsite\application.xml or for example \Interwoven\ApplicationContainer\standalone\deployments\iw-cc.war\WEB-INF\conf\teamsite\application.xml

• Do not edit the files in the war, edit the file in customer_src and run make_toolkit.ipl.

Otherwise you will lose your changes the next time the UI is rebuilt

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs