How to edit advanced search xCelerator

jmeabe
edited January 20, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hi! I would like to know how can I edit some aspects of the advanced search xCelerator such as the object types shown in the dropdown list of the search window. Is it possible to edit the xCelerator using composer or forms buider? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Tord
    edited January 18, 2012 #2

Hello,

The Advanced Search xCelerator is a port of the Advanced Search component from WebTop into TaskSpace and as such should be customized like a WDK component and not through Composer or Forms Builder. Refer to the Web Development Kit and Webtop Reference Guide, specifically the includetypes element of the advsearch component (page 1355 and 822 in version 6.5 of the document, page numbers may be slightly different in other versions).

Hope it helps

Thanks

--T

• jmeabe
    edited January 20, 2012 #3

Hi again!

Thanks for your answer, I have been following the mentioned guide to edit it, but I have a doubt... I'm customizing the cluster strategies, and by now I've been able to show new cluster strategies based on attributes of the search results. But the next thing I want to get is a cluster strategy based on an attribute of a related type. I mean, for example, instead of defining a cluster strategy based on the i_cabinet_id of the results, define one based on the name of the cabinet whose cabinet_id is the one of the result object types. Of course, if I define a strategy with <criterion>object_name</criterion> the strategy will be based on the object_name of the results, but what I want is the name of their cabinets. Is it possible to include a query inside the criterion tag? if not, what should I do?

Thanks!!

• Hi jmeabe Hope you are doing grate.

I am also looking to change in wildcard CONTAINS operator in advance search xcelerator. Please help me if you have the solution.

Thanks in advance:)