How to speed up the generation of first Birt report

thorariel
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hi BIRT community,

I am planning to use BIRT in my web application on Tomcat/Linux. But the report generation was very slow the first time after each deployment or server restart. I understand there might be some lazy initialization to be done. Is there any way to trigger the initialization from background in Java?

The idea is, I don't want users to experience any long time waiting. All setups and initialization should be taken care of during deployment. If anyone have any suggestions/tips, please let me know. Thanks so much in advance.

Answers

• We've noticed this question is over 30 days old and hasn't received a response. Were you able to resolve the issue, or would you like some assistance? Your question and its resolution are important to us, and we want to help.

We have marked your question assumed “Accepted Answered.” However, please note that marking the question answered in this case is only an accounting process for every post in the forums. The question remains open to answers, additional questions, or other posts.

David Sciuto