Aggregate values not appearing in excel

Eric Davis
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

When saving a report that has aggregation as .xlsx, the values are blank when spreadsheet is opened. However, if you just run it and choose "Open" instead of "Save", the values appear.

Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• Found the issue. I had to uncheck the protected view options in excel. Now it works as expected.

• @Eric Davis said:
    Found the issue. I had to uncheck the protected view options in excel. Now it works as expected.

To confirm why that is, when live formula's are enabled on export to Excel, aggregations typically will be an Excel formula instead of a static value. Protected view in Excel prevents formula's from calculating until you enable editing. If you were to disable live formula's, you'd see the aggregations without enabling editing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • @Chad Montgomery said:

@Eric Davis said:
    Found the issue. I had to uncheck the protected view options in excel. Now it works as expected.

To confirm why that is, when live formula's are enabled on export to Excel, aggregations typically will be an Excel formula instead of a static value. Protected view in Excel prevents formula's from calculating until you enable editing. If you were to disable live formula's, you'd see the aggregations without enabling editing.

Thanks for the explanation.

Answers

• Found the issue. I had to uncheck the protected view options in excel. Now it works as expected.

• @Eric Davis said:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • @Chad Montgomery said:

@Eric Davis said:

Thanks for the explanation.