properties page customization

Dear All - I have a requirement like when user selects the document in WebTop, right click on it and select the properties option all the metadata related to the document are displayed. I wanted to customise that page so that i can show only some of the attributes. Also i need to show/hide the attributes based on the previous attribute value. I did this customisation in import functionality the same i need to implement in properties page. Please suggest me how to proceed and what files to customise.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mohammed Anees

Comments

• Have you read the WDK/Webtop customization guide? They have multiple examples of how to customize properties page.

• Hi Johnny - I did refer to the WebTop / WDK development guide but I was not able to find the solution for my query. However i tried playing with the configuration level changes mentioned in the guide and all worked fine. With this I got an idea on how what files to customise and i started to go further. attached is the java file and log file, please suggest me how to proceed further, because i am not getting the required results. I am expecting all the attributes to be displayed ,but only a few attributes of type "dm_document" are displayed.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• I believe DocbaseAttributeList class queries for the attributes defined in the display configuration for that object type. In Composer, you can define what attributes are display for various tabs/panels.

• Hi Johnny - I did implement in the same way as you have mentioned above, but the user is requesting to implement the functionality like to show certain attributes based on the value of the previous attribute.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• Then you cant use docbaseattrlist. You will need to create custom jsp and explicitly define which attributes you want to display. In custom jsp, you can apply your logic of which ones to show/hide based on previous attribute.

• Hi Johnny - I am doing in the same way as you have mentioned above, but i am facing two problems. Attached JSP and JAVA file for your reference.

1. JSP Page is not displaying dropdown values, JSP page is getting displayed and the dropdown values in the JSP page are from value assistance. Once i click on ok button then page is getting refreshed and then the dropdown values are visible.
    2. Once i click on OK button document is not getting saved.

Can you please suggest me in this.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• I would enable tracing in your code to see why document is not saving. First thing to check is to see if getIsValid() returns true.

• Hi Johnny - I did check the getIsValid() value in onCommitChanges() and is returning true.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• Adding further....
    When i enter all the values and press OK button, it is giving the attached error, if i enter some of the values and leave some of them blank just the page is getting refreshed without saving the metadata.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• Click on arrow key to show full stacktrace

• Hi Johnny - The error is not consistent, it is occurring randomly. Also if I expand the arrow nothing comes out, just it is blank. However in the tomcat logs i can see the attached error. PFA

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• Do you have validation/constraint defined on one of your attributes? This may trigger the error:

at org.apache.regexp.RE.matchNodes(RE.java:1376)

• Hi Johnny - Really your comments were helpful and i was able to resolve the issue.
    Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• Np. Webtop customization is really about tracing and eliminating where errors can come up (code, data dictionary, cache, and even sometimes browser or app server).

• Hi Johnny - I have completed the customisation of the properties page but TBO is not getting invoked while saving the metadata. Scenario is like when i right click and view properties and enter the metadata and click on save all the entered metadata is saved, but TBO is not getting invoked. Can you please suggest me how to overcome this issue ? Attached java code for your reference.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• What TBO method are you extending?

• Hi Johnny - Attached TBO code for your reference.

Best Regards,
    Mohammed Anees

• Not sure if changing signatures to be protected vs public is causing the issue, but I have always kept it public per dfc guide. Assuming this isn't the issue, review the tbo deployment steps from this url:

http://documentum-emc.blogspot.com/2012/12/how-to-create-and-deploy-tbo.html