NPE when using parameters

TygerC
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

I'm using the all-in-one Eclipse 4.8.0 (since the plugins failed to install on my existing photon), java jdk is 1.8.0_181 in Win7 professional and the problem is with both my own test report and a demo I tried (CustomerListAfter.rptdesign):

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-10-12 09:12:42.288
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.getDefaultValue(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:338)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.parameters.ScalarParameter.getDefaultValues(ScalarParameter.java:193)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.dialogs.AbstractParameterControlHelper.getPreSetValue(InputParameterDialog.java:528)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.dialogs.AbstractParameterControlHelper.prepareControlDefaultValue(InputParameterDialog.java:515)

Any way to fix this?

Comments

• I found CustomerListAfter.rptdesign online (an old version). The report I found does not have any parameters. I added a parameter and ran it in BIRT 4.8. It ran without issue. Could you please share your version of CustomerListAfter.rptdesign or another report based on the Classic Models DB that throws the error?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb