How to add Graphic Master Page in BIRT

BLI_Lou
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

I am trying to create a multiple column report to print labels from an Avery 5160 label page. To create a multiple column report I was instructed to use a Graphic Master Page. For whatever reason I do not have that option or know how to add it. The only option I see is the Simple Master Page. Please help if you know how I may add a Graphic Master Page.

Comments

• jfranken
    edited November 19, 2018 #2

I am not familiar with a Graphic Master Page. Attached is an example that shows how to do multi-column mailing labels. Use grids to control the format. There is one trick. Put a table in each column of the grid and use filters so that the tables do not display duplicate data.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Hi Jeff, Thanks very much for your reply. I am completely aware of this method of printing on a multiple column report but BIRT is supposed to have a built in ability to handle a multi-column reports. Since there is a built in ability for BIRT I would like to be able to use it or know why its not being implemented for multiple column reports. Lookup Graphic Master Page. There is a class and description for this page type and info that it supports multiple columns but no known way to implement it.

• I see the graphicmasterpage class, but I have not found any documentation on creating a graphic master page in OS or commercial BIRT. I don't see a way in the Designer to create a graphic master page. There are no support tickets or Knowledge Base articles on the topic. My thought is that it might have been a planned feature that was never implemented. If I find out more about it, I will post the information.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb