username case sensitivity

I am looking for login component customization for username case sensitivity. I dont know how to do. Please help me

Thanks in advance

Comments

• <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

com.documentum.custom.formext.session.Login

/wdk/system/login/login.jsp

I have added above code for the login component.
    Please let me know if any change require

• Checkout the Content Server Administration and Configuration Guide, Chapter 3 "Managing Documentum Servers". You can add the key user_auth_case to the server.ini file:
    Specifies the case Documentum Server converts the user name of the client before authenticating the user. Valid values are:
    • upper: The user name is converted to upper case.
    • lower: The user name is converted to lower case.
    • NULL: The default value. The name is authenticated using the case in which it was entered by the user.

• I have tried above changes but when we restart the Content Server it is failing. It is taking Administrator as administrator and it is trying to create session. It is telling that Authentication failed for the user 'administrator' and i was unable to restart the content server until i change the user_auth_case=NULL from lower. That's the reason why i went to customisation.

• That's too bad. So I guess you'll have to go with a webtop customization.

Just as a side note, it's not recommended to install Documentum with the Windows Administrator account (just like to don't install it as root on Unix). Next time, create a dedicated account (e.g. dmadmin).

• Hi bacham3,

I have created a component which extend login_component and add a new class which extent login class but itshowing me tomcat error

component code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

com.documentum.custom.formext.session.login

Please check this code and let me know if i did any mistake

• <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

com.documentum.custom.formext.session.login

• I dont know why but i am not able to post code here so attaching image

• Where did you deploy your custom login class?

• In com.documentum.web.formext.session folder .

• I am following the content mentined in link :https://forums.opentext.com/forums/discussion/99698/login-username-case-insensitive-problem-class-file-not-calling-in-d6-5

Please let me if I miss any steps.
    Thanks in advance

• DCTM_Guru
    edited December 6, 2018 #12

Custom components (including class files) need to webtop/custom folder. Have you read WDK Development or WDK Tutorial?

• Yes,
    I have kept it in Custom.src.com.documentum.web.formext.session folder