Full page table height

adilb
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi Everyone,

I want to set a table height to the take the full height of the page, regardless of the number of rows.

My layout is as follow: Body > List > [grid,table,grid,grid,grid]

I tried setting the height of the list and the table to 100% but it didnt work. any hints?

Thanks in advance,

Adil

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Adil,

I'm pretty sure that the height being set at 100% doesn't work as you'd expect. How is your report set up? Is it grouped with one group per page? Or is it just one page total every time? What is in the grids above and below the table? If there's any way you can set up a similar report with the sample database, that'd probably help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • adilb
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi Michael,<br />
    <br />
    First, thanks for your reply.<br />
    <br />
    My report is a payslip containing:<br />
    <br />
    1. employee personal data (grid)<br />
    2. Current month pay details (table)<br />
    3. Accruals (grid)<br />
    4. Net to pay + other legal mentions (grid)<br />
    5. page break<br />
    <br />
    the above elements are supposed to hold in less than a page. So I want the second element (table) to fill the whole page, which will push the third and fourth elements to the very bottom of the page.<br />
    <br />
    Find a sample here <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.scribd.com/doc/18504885/Payslip'>Payslip - read free online</a><br />
    <br />
    Adil
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Adil,

So, the grid cell elements will always have the same height? So, if I was able to come up with a way to push the table to fill up the needed space, it'd work?
  • adilb
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Yes it would definitely work.

And yes, the grid elements always have the same height.

Adil
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Adil,

What version of BIRT are you using so that I can try to accomplish this in that version? Thanks.
  • adilb
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Latest. Birt 2.5 runtime and the lates eclipse galileo designer.

Thanks,

Adil
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Hi Adil,

Take a look at the attached example. I used a text box and a couple variables to create a variable sized space that pushes the bottom of the table down to the bottom of the page. Let me know if you have questions.
  • adilb
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    Hi Michael,<br />
    <br />
    It works like a charm. See result here <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.scribd.com/doc/18582211/Payslip'>Payslip - download free online</a><br />
    <br />
    Thank you so much,<br />
    <br />
    Adil
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    Adil,

Excellent! Glad I could help. Let us know whenever you have questions.
  • where is the attachment??

• @mwilliams Do you still have the variable code you created for this? I'm in need of the same thing for a invoice layout I'm working on. I appreciate the time. -Aaron

• HI there, is the variable code for the dynamic “ text box and a couple variables to create a variable sized space that pushes the bottom of the table down to the bottom of the page" available. In need for this too.

Thanks,