Federation error

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• What is your purpose in using a federation? When it was introduced over 20 years ago, the goal was to simplify users, groups and ACL management across several docbases. Nowaways, most customers manage users and groups in their directory server (e.g. Active Directory). So federation would only help in managing ACLs, but the price is that you create a dependency between your docbases. Therefore I would not recommend using federations anymore.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not sure if embedded character is supported for LDAP config. Log case with OpenText support.

• Yes - Log case with OpenText support.

• rappard
    edited February 26, 2019 #9

@Smelanathur:
    Please submit a ticket on http://support.opentext.com/. Thanks!

Edits/additions:

• When you submit the ticket, please provide a link to this thread for reference.
    • Also, once the ticket has been closed, please post a summary of the resolution here and mark your question as "Answered".

Martin van Rappard
    Technical Support Engineer III
    OpenText

• Additions to my post above:
    * When you submit the ticket, please provide a link to this thread for reference.
    * Also, once the ticket has been closed, please post a summary of the resolution here and mark this thread as "Answered".

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• What's the ticket number?

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• Please let me know under which Documentum product category you filed it, and I'll have a look.

Also: I searched ITSM (our support backend) for the email address listed in your profile, but received zero hits. Perhaps that is causing the delay. Maybe ask one of your colleagues to file it again? I found plenty of other users from the "its.ny.gov" domain. We can always close the older duplicate ticket later.

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• At which OpenText URL did you submit it? http://support.opentext.com/?

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• @Smelanathur said:

Submitted ticket through Open Text Contact Support

What's the exact URL?

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• Next time, please submit a ticket through the URL I already mentioned (http://support.opentext.com/), that's usually quickest. Thanks!

Pinged support management about where your submitted ticket will end up. If you receive a ticket number in the meantime, please post it here or email it to the email address in my profile. Thanks (redux)!

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• In order to log support ticket, your client needs valid support contract with OpenText. If they have active support contract, then they should be able to authorize you to submit ticket for them.

• rappard
    edited March 15, 2019 #23

@Smelanathur:
    Any update on this?

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• Hi @Smelanathur,

Any update on this?

Martin van Rappard
    OpenText

• What is your specific problem about submitting a ticket?

• Did your customer give you access to their support account? You are not allowed to submit a support ticket unless you have a active support/maintenance contract. If you don't have this, then you are out of luck. This is why you pay for maintenance.