How to auto - refresh the report in iHub server.

Sai krishna
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hello,

I have an issue with Auto-refresh. I have created a dashboard and given logic to refresh for every 2 minutes. It working fine and refreshing the report viewer but after 4 hours it was showing error as "Report Render failed". I am not getting any idea why i am getting this issue. I am working for this issue since three days but still i am unable to solve the issue. :neutral:

Can anyone please suggest be logic code for "Auto-Refresh". Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sai Krishna

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• The "Report Render failed" error is a generic error message that could have many different causes. The specific cause will probably show up in the iHub logs ([ihub_home]/BirtVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/data/server/log). If possible, this issue would best be handled by opening a support ticket and sending the logs.

An error occurring automatically after a certain time period suggests that either the user credentials have expired or another timeout is being hit.

• Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I too believe that because of user credentials expiry I am getting this issue.

Could you please tell me what is limit time for a report with auto-refresh logic while running in BIRT viewer.

Please also tell me where we can find the IHub server error logs in the machine.

Thanks,
    Sai

• Sai,

There are multiple causes for "Report render failed" and multiple timeout settings, so I cannot answer your "limit time" question with the information I have. I know there are timeout settings in the web.xml file.

The log files are in [ihub_home]/BirtVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/data/server/log. The most recent copy of jsrvrihub.*.log will most likely have the specific error message.

Also, how are you refreshing? Are you using the gadget's refresh setting on a dashboard (.dashboard file)? Or are you somehow refreshing the entire browser window?

• Hello Jeff,

I am refreshing the entire browser window instead of using (.dashboard) file. Could you please tell me where we can find the timeout settings in Web.xml file.
    And I am unable to find the " [ihub_home]/BirtVisualization/modules/BIRTiHub/iHub/data/server/log" path in Local Disk - C of my system. Am I searching in wrong way?

• Hi Sai,

Given that the browser window is being refreshed, user sessions, database connections, cached files, etc. all come into play. I would give you a list so you could check which one is the limiting factor, but I don't have a list. If you can find the logs, they should offer more information. I should have mentioned this before, if you are running iServer, the logs are found at: [iServer_home]/AcServer/data/server/log

If you still don't see the logs, please provide more info / screenshots illustrating what you are doing. Maybe when you say "dashboard", you are referring to something other than the standard dashboard editor included in the product.