how to setup Hardware (F5) load balancing for webtop 6.7 SP2

Ram_Kishan_Maitry
edited September 14, 2018 in Documentum #1

Hi All,

We have a requirement to setup webtop 6.7 SP 2 on Hardware (F5) load balancer. Is there any document available kindly share?

Regards,
Ram

Comments

• You just need to enable sticky sessions on F5 to load balance WT.

• Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your quick response !
    Is there any setting required for ucf content transfer at webtop end? Kindly suggest.

Regards,
    Ram

• UCF transfer requires JRE on the browser side. I believe the newer version of Webtop has non-JRE option, but it requires browser extensions.

• Hi Ram,

Besides the sticky session as per Johnny's comment, It is also possible cookie timeout value need to adjust accordingly in the LB server, make sure the JSESSIONID cookie not getting removed by the LB server.

Hope it helps,

Roy

• Hi Johnny, Zhang,

While using the webtop application through F5 H/W load balancer, the page gets stuck at the downloading stage of documents and does not finish. Is there any settings need to do. Kindly suggest.

Regards,
    Ram

• Typically if you are having problems with content transfer (ie editing, viewing, exporting, etc), this is issue with JRE installed on the browser and not an issue with load balancer. You can verify this by having the user go to IP address of app server directly and see if the issue persists.

• HI, Ram:

I recommend  that you turn on ucf trace and wireshark trace, i suspect that may ucf may not be able to access to ACS server or ucf cannot communicate back to webtop applicaiton.

both ucf and wireshark trace will tell what happen on network layer?

Tony

Tony Qiu
    Opentext ECD - SME