The requested resource (/iw-wfm/action/iw.wfm.ui) is not available.

The workflow modeler ui is not coming up. It throws this error: The requested resource (/iw-wfm/action/iw.wfm.ui) is not available. TeamSite it's self is working without any issues. We have restarted the services several times and even rebooted the server but the UI is still throwing the error.
I have been searching the logs but not finding an issue associated with modeler itself. Can somebody point me to the correct log so I can find the error or let me know what the problem might be? Thanks

Comments

• Please include the OS and TS level.

WFM gets redirected to JBOSS and there is a war in: /opt/Interwoven/WorkFlowModeler/iw-wfm.war

Logs are in: /opt/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/standalone/log/wfm.log

Or wherever you have TS installed.

That is for TS 16.4

• Hi Andy,
    We are still on TS 7.4.1.3.0 (for now) and WIndows 2008 R2.

I searched but I do not see a wfm.log. I know I have seen this log before?

Thanks!
    Marge

• For grins you can confirm that it is JBOSS,

http://servername:8080/iw-wfm/action/iw.wfm.ui

ALso WFM may have had its own was and you can check JBOSS and see if that deployed. But I do not remember how that worked in 7.4

• There was a standalone UI for WF Modeler way back in the day, but I don't recall which version took away that standalone UI and integrated Modeler into the TeamSite UI. I can still get the Modeler to come up separately by using the URL http://:8080/iw-wfm/action/iw.wfm.ui but that only works for my Dev server, not QA or Prod. I have to use the button in the Admin site in TS to get Modeler for my QA and Prod servers to work. I don't know why that is - I never cared enough to chase it down since we don't edit our Models in those environments.

• I think I have bigger issues than the workflow modeler...I just tried to get to the Administration section and I am receiving this error...

Could not contact Administration Application. Please confirm with your system administrator that it is installed, and that the service is available according to its logs.

I do see this in the commonservice log..
    2019-03-20 06:09:27,215 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-1] ERROR com.interwoven.wcm.service.iwovregistry.adaptors.AbstractBackupAdaptor () - Failed to get TeamSite serviceInfo or IRService home directory when obtaining CSFactory.
    com.interwoven.wcm.service.iwovregistry.common.ConfigException: Exception while reading/writing from Database [ getServiceInfoByComponentName ]
    at com.interwoven.wcm.service.iwovregistry.adaptors.ServiceInfoAdaptor.getServiceInfoByComponentName(ServiceInfoAdaptor.java:674)
    at com.interwoven.wcm.service.iwovregistry.adaptors.AbstractBackupAdaptor.getFactory(AbstractBackupAdaptor.java:422)
    at com.interwoven.wcm.service.iwovregistry.adaptors.AbstractComponentManager.getCSClient(AbstractComponentManager.java:93)
    at com.interwoven.wcm.service.iwovregistry.adaptors.AuthenticateSessionStringAdaptor.authenticateSessionString(AuthenticateSessionStringAdaptor.java:58)

And in the jasperserver log....
    10:10:41,876 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter,main:78 - Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=203424000)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=203424000)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))))
    10:10:41,876 WARN SettingsFactory,main:109 - Could not obtain connection metadata
    org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=203424000)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=203424000)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))))

Thanks!

• Looks like you have some database issues. Did you look at server.log? When you installed TeamSite, did you watch the installer logs for any errors? Are you able to connect to your TeamSite database directly and look at the tables?

• bmanilow13
    edited March 20, 2019 #8

I found that issue..I had to update the port number. Those errors are gone now.

We had TeamSite installed for years now so I don't understand why it's having issues now. I hit the admin page and modeler but I'm not seeing any errors in the logs for these?

Thanks

• Another case of TeamSite reporting errors in such a way that it makes it so easy to resolve the actual problem...

• OK we spoke too soon...we resolved those errors but now are are getting these - it looks like it isnt building out/deploying everything properly when jboss restarts. any ideas? what does "Check the jboss-web/resource-ref" mean? i searched the entire structure for something named resource-ref and found nothing. thanks again!

2019-03-21 10:24:12,668 WARN [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.web.deployment:war=iw-admin.war,id=711308505
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: resource-ref: jdbc/reportdb has no valid JNDI binding. Check the jboss-web/resource-ref.)
    at org.jboss.web.AbstractWebDeployer.start(AbstractWebDeployer.java:384)

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@cb5ce102 { url=file:/D:/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-wcmweb.ear/ }
    deployer: org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer@37165f
    status: Deployment FAILED reason: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: resource-ref: jdbc/reportdb has no valid JNDI binding. Check the jboss-web/resource-ref.)
    state: FAILED
    watch: file:/D:/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/server/default/deploy/iw-wcmweb.ear/META-INF/application.xml
    altDD: null
    lastDeployed: 1553178252612
    lastModified: 1553093724955
    mbeans:

--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
    ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=iw-admin.war,id=711308505
    State: FAILED
    Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: resource-ref: jdbc/reportdb has no valid JNDI binding. Check the jboss-web/resource-ref.)

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
    ObjectName: jboss.web.deployment:war=iw-admin.war,id=711308505
    State: FAILED
    Reason: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested throwable: (javax.naming.NamingException: resource-ref: jdbc/reportdb has no valid JNDI binding. Check the jboss-web/resource-ref.)

• OK we sort of figured it out...everything was missing under the below folder? i pulled the files down from another server and the WFM and admin console work now. what actually builds out this folder/files? i assumed a toolkit and or/jboss restart would, but i had to manually add them? very weird

\Interwoven\ApplicationContainer\server\default\deploy\iw-wcmweb.ear\iw-admin.war

• Eric, you can try running install_webapps or re-explode (jar -xvf) the original war file with JBoss stopped. You can search for iw-wcmweb.ear to find it. It should be in Interwoven\CoreFramework. Best bet would be to open a Support case to walk through it.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs