Any hints on how to get samson running with 16.4?

So 16.4 won't accept DMCL connections anymore...but samson is my go to! I've been using it for over 20 years...

Any ideas on how to get it to work via dfc? I thought maybe I could pull the dmcl.dll that's on the server composer install, but that didn't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• So far no luck even with dqman, much less samson

• If you follow the instructions in

https://forums.opentext.com/forums/discussion/224993/querying-utility-for-documentum-16-4#latest

it will work.

Please also try to install the latest release of dqMan:

https://www.fme.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/dqMan_6_Setup.zip

After installing you will find a dmcl.dll, Version 7.2 which you can copy from the /config directory

• I did get it working and am using version 6. However, I got dmcl.dll from the support note.

Actually I'm looking at the version I requested directly from fme and the version you just posted and mine is dated 2013 (build 6.0.1.2) and yours is 2019 (build 6.0.1.34). Do you know if there is a list of all the changes in versions between?

Also, in the new build that you posted, there is a dmcl,dll there but there wasn't in mine.

THANKS!!

• Oh actually - I'm sorry - I didn't get samson working, I only got DQman working. I've tried every permutation I can find on here (including the one you linked) and all I can get out of samson is that it reads what the docbroker is, but doesn't see any sessions and you can't start one. If you have any specific guidance you'd like to share, I'd love to have it! Although I am liking DQman. :smile:

• HI,

I added the dmcl.dll to the new build as it becomes more and more difficult to get a dqMan compatible dmcl.

I haven't tried Samson, so I have no idea why it is not working any more. Does Samson Support dmcl.dll with dfc? Or only dmcl40? If it Supports dmcl you can try the one that Comes with dqMan.

Unfortunatelly, there are not many new features added. Everything is described in the Manual. There are a number of bugfixes, including the compatibility to Win 10