BIRT report viewer progress bar disappears

naresh_bahety
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In my birt report , I am fetching data from database and also from web service, but when user selects long date range , for exact 5 minutes progress bar appears and after 5 minutes progress bar disappears, though there are no exceptions in logs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But as progress bar disappears report did not displayed at all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestion to fix this issue will be highly appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Naresh</p>

Comments

• <p>I am still facing this issue</p>
  • <p>What version of BIRT are you using?  Have you been able to replicate it with the latest version?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Does it happen in the Designer, or only after you have deployed it?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Does it occur with a different browser?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Did you make any modifications to the BIRT web viewer app?</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • I am having the same issue. If the report runs more than 5 min, progress bar disappeared in tomcat installation. In eclipse is running fine

• Could you please let me know what you mean by "Tomcat installation"? What software/version are your running?

• tomcat8
    birt4.4
    apache server
    All installed in Linux Red hat
    1. For birt installation, the timeout is 0  unlimited
    2. For tomcat the timeout is 30 min

• I found this similar issue:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47586623/session-times-out-after-5-minutes-even-though-the-session-timeout-parameter-is

If the information in the link doesn't help, could you please provide one more piece of information about your setup. For the Birt component, is this your own application using the Birt engine code? Or Actuate Java Components (AJC)? Or iHub?

If you run a simple report that only takes a few seconds to run, does it complete normally?

Are there any messages in the Tomcat logs related to this issue? Depending upon your setup, there might be a folder called "temp" that contains logs in the same location as the Tomcat logs. The browser debugger might have error/warning messages as well.

• Thank you! I modified http.conf file and set the timeout from 5 min to 30 min. All working as expected