Architecture question

Hi,

for instance if in a customer, he wants to have 3 environments (DEV,QA and PROD), do you if we need to install everything in all the 3 environments?

Or can i have the OpenDeploy Server in DEV and have Only OpendDeply Receiver only in QA and Prod. With that we would have only one Preview TeamSite in DEV, or maybe one more in QA?

What is the best practice?

Best Regards and Thanks

Comments

• This is not a question that can be answered in a quick post. I highly suggest you get some help from someone who has architected TeamSite solutions before.

The way you ask your question shows you really do not understand TeamSite. You would never, ever in a million years, only have OpenDeploy receivers on the TeamSite production server. OpenDeploy receivers belong on the runtime servers. OpenDeploy base belongs on the TS server (and on distribution servers - think a bastion host, if you need that).

TeamSite is a development environment. You will have at least 2 TS environments and those can provide content to multiple runtime environments. I have a customer that has a Dev TS server push to Dev and Test runtimes while prod pushes to preview, staging (in this case is basically backup prod) and production environments.

I also know customers that have 4 levels of TS server.

• Than you for your answer Andy.

Yes i'm new in TeamSite. I was thinking maybe we could use something like that.

So like you said, we will install the 3 environments.

However, if we develop in the DEV System i supose that we have tools to migrate Objects from the DEV System to QA or PROD environments.

Best Regards and Thanks

• Code will be migrated from Dev to QA to Prod (and you can use OpenDeploy for that - a base can send and receive), content typically will be pushed down from prod (the most up to date content) to refresh QA and Dev

• Hi Andy,

I need some information related to Opentext Teamsite migration.

My point of concerns are:

1) what is the best mode to migrate Opentext Teamsite to latest version.
    2) Is it cloud compatible.Can we move it to cloud.
    3)How complex is it to migrate to newer version
    4) Is there any Opentext tool available to migrate Teamsite.
    5) How much time will it take to migrate 4 GB data?

Thanks

• @ri_kh said:
    Hi Andy,

I need some information related to Opentext Teamsite migration.

My point of concerns are:

Thanks

Hi ri_kh,

Have you got answers to the following questions? Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks

• 1) what is the best mode to migrate Opentext Teamsite to latest version.

There is not best mode. In place upgrade is the easiest. Often not possible, depending on external (non-TS issues)

Certainly. I know of multiple companies on AWS with TS

How big is big? It is not possible to answer this question without having a lot more information.

Yes there are tools included to migrate users as well as content.

4 GB of data is nothing. You install TS on a new server and copy the store, that part is trivial. It is getting your user access all set, all customization moved, and 100 other things.

Thanks

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs