How to auto-scale Livesite Server (Content and display Services)

Hi,

we have a customer that wants to add more nodes of Livesite when the traffic grows. Do you know how i can add quickly new nodes of livesite and have all the nodes synchronized?

Best Regards and Thanks

Comments

• It's tough. Very.

I've done it for both LSCS and LSDS. I use AWS/Linux as an example since that is what I know.

For LSCS, you need to separate LSCS from Idol/Solr. I did this with Idol (16.3), though Solr should be able to as well. I created a single import server, DB and EFS share, removing Idol. I also took an AMI of that for the query servers.

There is a document you can get from support to implement DIH/DAH (separate interfaces for multiple Idol servers), though I used an ELB instead of a DAH instance. The index instance is the only instance to write data, it sends the data to DIH (then to one or more Idol instances) and the DB. The query instances read from the ELB, DB and EFS. They can autoscale. I do not have Idol autoscaling, and do not think it is possible. You could use a single Idol instance and not use DIH/DAH.

LSDS is easier. Have an OD instance write the content to an EFS, your OD instance must have a Network Share receiver license. Point multiple LSDS instances to the EFS and serve the data. Those can autoscale. There is a bug with the cache clear. A feature added in 7.3.2 was removed. This had 2 timers fora cache clear file, 1 was how often it looked for a cache clear file and the second was when to delete it. In 16.3 it will delete the file immediately. So that means one node clears the cache and others won't I created a process running on each node to copy the cache clear file to a local directory which is where I have LSDS looking (via symlink). After a period of time (5 minutes) the original file is deleted by my process.

Like I said, it is ugly but can be done. There are a number of other things I would like to do (put LSDS into a container) but not all containers in AWS can read from the EFS.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs