Export Birt Report to one Excel Sheet

prince_iam
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Dear BIRT Gurus,

I am come up with a quite simple yet difficult requirement to export the birt report in one excel sheet (xlsx). I have a dataset which contains data for more than 40 records while I am displaying it in the browser using a simple table in birt the data is splited in 40 records per page that is absolutely fine while browsing in the browser. I want to export the birt report data in excel sheet while I am doing this using birt report export dialogue by selecting export to XLSX that data is exported to multiple excel workbook sheets each sheet contains 40 records or so. Whereas, I want to export the data to one single sheet in excel.

Could you please help me to achieve this requirement.

Comments

• I need your valuable support Dear @jfranken

• Set your layout preference to "Auto Layout"

Then set the tables "Page Break Level" to 0

• Eric I knew this setting will enable to display the entire data on one page in the browser and will also export the report in excel on one sheet. Whereas, my requirement is quite different I want to display the data in a browser on different pages but Want to export the data on a single excel sheet. Sometimes, Data contains so many records to display so if I apply this setting this will display the data in browser with the unlimited number of records user will have to scroll down quite long.

• This is the summary of my requirement:

I set up 40 rows in page break intervals. I should see data as 40 rows in HTML but I need to show data in one Excel sheet.

BIRT separates the data into multiple tabs in XLSX.

• I think the method of using two tables and applying visibility rules was mentioned in the other thread. I have attached a simple example.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Jeff,

I have also seen another thread which is using only one table and some scripting in ExportReportDialogue and on Render event of the table header. I have implemented this and working absolutely fine on my local birt installation but when I run the report from the server where Tomcat is installed with birt viewer the results unexpected. Could you please study the link to the thread and guide me.

https://forums.opentext.com/forums/discussion/comment/791364

• Could you please provide a link to the server software you are running? Also, what happens when you run the report? You said the results are "unexpected". Please provide more details. What happens if you create a report, add a table with data, set the Page Break Interval = 0 and the report Layout Preference = Auto, and export to Excel? Don't add any code. The report won't page break on the web. I am just curious if a simple table with no page breaks displays on one sheet in Excel on your server.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb