Logic for Scrolling using Actuate BIRT

2»

Comments

• Hello Jeff,

Good morning!
    Thanks for the response. I have tried the logics in the given link but I believe I am doing something wrongly. If possible could you please provide me some example about this issue so that it will be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Hello Jeff,

Good morning!
    I have tried the logics given in the hyperlink page. But I unable to make this happen. I believe I am making any mistake. Could you please provide me an example report for the reference if possible so that it will be very helpful to me.
    Thanks in advance.

• Hi Sai,

I reread this thread because I am not sure what you are asking. Could you please provide more detail?

At one point you discussed getting the scrollHeight of the table element. In the example I posted, the scrollbar is on the grid element, not the table element. I don't know if that is related to the issue, but I thought I would point it out just in case.

• Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the confusion. Actually I am trying to find the maximum scrollTop value as I asked before. You have also provided me the links related to that issue. But I have tried all the examples it was not happening and I am unable to find that. So I had thought maybe I am applying logic wrongly, for that reason I have requested you to send me a dummy report with that logic.

Thanks in advance.

• Setting scrollTop equal to scrollHeight scrolls all the way down in my testing (see attached).

• Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the example. I have tried that logic and displayed the total values of elem.scrollTop and elem.scrollHeight. But both are not same values. I am thinking how to give condition to make pos = 0; Please view the logic below.

var max = 0; var elem = document.getElementById("myTable").closest("div"); var pos = 0; var id = setInterval(frame, 30); function frame() { pos++; elem.scrollTop = pos; alert("Scroll Height = "+elem.scrollHeight+" Scroll Top ="+elem.scrollTop); if(elem.scrollTop == elem.scrollHeight){ // Trying to write something here in if condition to make pos = 0 for continous scrolling pos = 0; } }
  • I think I have it.

var elem = document.getElementById("myTable").closest("div");
    maxScrollTop = elem.scrollHeight - elem['clientHeight'];

• Hello Jeff, Thanks for sharing the answers.

Regards
    GrayMatter

• @GrayMatter05 said:
    Hello Jeff, Thanks for sharing the answers.

Regards
    GrayMatter

Yes, Thank you Jeff :smile:

• I'm glad I could help.