align element to bottom of page

kenny-svk-
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Eclipse: 3.6.2<br />
BIRT: 2.6.2<br />
<br />
I have report consisting of 3 tables. On the last page I have 2 tables. I need to align 2nd table (dynamically change vertical size) to top of the page (what's default behaviour) and 3rd table (costant vertical size) to align to the bottom of page. Can't figure how.<br />
<br />
Tried grid with row "vertical alignment" set to bottom, but don't know how to set the size of grid because of previous table (if I set too much, page will break otherwise last some empty space at the bottom). Usage of "%" or not defined size mostly results in shrank grid.<br />
Tried to place table in the footer and manage displaying it with dynamical visibility, but didn't find out how to use "totalPage" variable in visibility condition. Size of footer have to be specified so can't use "auto shrinking" behaviour from other elements. So I worry if I even managed to hide its content, it will still take same space.<br />
I plan to use <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/989-extend-table-to-fit-page/'>extending table</a> as last possible workaround. <br />
<br />
Is there any other smart solution for this? Or any advices how to make work mentioned approaches. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    The extending table trick or adding extra footer rows and hiding/showing them based on your page row count are probably the only ways to go with this. One question though. Does the size of the "2nd table" (the first one on the last page) ever get large enough that the 3rd table doesn't fit on the page? Or will both tables always fit on the last page together? Let me know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • kenny-svk-
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    I hoped in more user friendly solution, maybe in future. The "second" table may exceed the page size.
  • mwilliams
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Yeah, currently, there isn't a more user friendly solution, that I know of. This is definitely something that should be requested as an enhancement for future versions. Many people have wanted something like this, so there is a place for it. You can log an enhancement request in the bugzilla at eclipse.org! Please post the info for the enhancement request in here if you submit one. This way, others interested in this feature can find the request and "vote" for it.
  • Hi,
    I've a very similar Problem.
    What is the extending table trick ?
    Or is there now a better Solution?

We are using BIRT 4.8

Kind Regards!

• Here is an example of how to keep the table at a consistent height for a variable number of data rows.