Get page count failed appeared when trying to move to next page

lucie_hedgehog
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hello,

we an error "Get page count failed" on several occasions in our reports (it's not related to one and surprisingly not to all),

• if we stay for more than 1-2 minutes at one page and then try to move to the next page of the report
  • if we stay for more than 10 minutes at one page, we get a message : report has expired, please, refresh your browser. If we do so, we get an error "Get page count failed"

[Thread 68, 3514] 2020-02-11 14:14:43 UTC+0100 com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.document.ReportDocumentManager.getReportDocument()
WARNING: The specified report: /$$$Transient/1219.RPTDOCUMENT was not found. The report appears to have expired.
[Thread 68, 3514] 2020-02-11 14:14:43 UTC+0100 com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.GetPageCountTask.doTask()
WARNING: GetPageCountTask: class com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.JREMExceptioncom.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.JREMException: Your report appears to have expired. Please refresh your browser.
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.document.ReportDocumentManager.getReportDocument(ReportDocumentManager.java:878)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.document.ReportDocumentManager.getReportDocumentByTask(ReportDocumentManager.java:1056)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.GetPageCountTask.getReportDocument(GetPageCountTask.java:165)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.GetPageCountTask.doTask(GetPageCountTask.java:59)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.Task.execute(Task.java:340)
at com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.ControlRunnable.runTask(ControlRunnable.java:84)
at com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.ControlRunnable.run(ControlRunnable.java:38)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[Thread 68, 3514] 2020-02-11 14:14:43 UTC+0100 com.actuate.reportapi.engine.Task.logExecutionException()
SEVERE: An error occurred when executing /Local Reports/HELLA_MICRO_DISTURBANCES.rptdesign, Volume Name: iTAC.BI, User Name: admin
com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.JREMException: Your report appears to have expired. Please refresh your browser.
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.document.ReportDocumentManager.getReportDocument(ReportDocumentManager.java:878)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.document.ReportDocumentManager.getReportDocumentByTask(ReportDocumentManager.java:1056)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.GetPageCountTask.getReportDocument(GetPageCountTask.java:165)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.birt.GetPageCountTask.doTask(GetPageCountTask.java:59)
at com.actuate.reportapi.engine.Task.execute(Task.java:340)
at com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.ControlRunnable.runTask(ControlRunnable.java:84)
at com.actuate.reportapi.enginemanager.ControlRunnable.run(ControlRunnable.java:38)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

[Thread 32, 3514] 2020-02-11 14:14:43 UTC+0100 com.actuate.schemas.ActuateSoapBindingImpl.getIVUpdatedObjects()
SEVERE: Get page count failed..Get page count failed..

Any idea, hint?

Thank you very much,
Lucy

Comments

• Do you get the same error when running them locally?
    Did they ever work or is this something that just started?

• Hi,

• no, I don't have this error when running reports locally
    • we have noticed with one report recently and then I tested several others, and all behaves the same. I can't tell if the error was there before, nobody complains and I haven't noticed personally.
    • we have now 12 installations with ihub 16.4. and I was able to simulate the error on 5 of them I tried randomly - just open a report that has more than 1 page, wait for 2 minutes and then try to get to the next page
    • I tried with Fire Fox and IE

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Lucy

• Hi Lucy,

Here is a link to the Information Hub 16.4 Installation, Configuration and Administration Guide:

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/Open/74039294

You will need your support login to access the link. The linked document contains information on the timeout settings. There are quite a few settings, so I recommend opening a support ticket if you are able to do so.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Hi Jeff,

we will open a support ticket via itac company.
    Thank you for the documentation.
    Lucy