Home Content Services Core Capture

What order are the images imported with SNAP Web Client?

edited January 10, 2017 in Core Capture

When SNAP Web Client is being used to import documents versus actually scanning in with a scanner, what order will the images be imported? For example if you use Control + Left Mouse click to select the files in a particular order, in this example I selected Ching_1.tif first,

ImportFiles.png

then Bruno_1.tif second,

ImportFiles.png

and finally Alfons_1.tif third, in revere alphabetic order, note the order in the Filename field.

ImportFiles.png

Click OK and note that the images were NOT imported in the order that they were originally selected using Ctrl + Left mouse click. They were in alphabetic order and if reviewed in SNAP Web Client, this was the order they were imported in, reverse of what was selected. Why is this?

The files will be imported in the actual sort order that the file browser is set to. In our example, the file browser window was sorted in alphabetic order and therefore the images were imported in alphabetic order, regardless of the order they there selected using Ctrl + Left mouse click.

If the same test is run again with the file browser window set to order the files in reverse alphabetic order and selecting the same files in same order, the files get imported into the batch in reverse alphabetic order.

ImportFiles.png

The order in the Filename field cannot be used to determine the import order that files are imported, only the sort order of the file browser. If the correct order of files cannot be accomplished during import using the file browser sort order, use the Organize step to manipulate the order of the files in the batch

Best Answer

• York_ZhangYork_Zhang York Zhang
    edited December 22, 2016 Accepted Answer

I think it's hard for an web application to recognize the order you do "Ctrl + Left mouse click" because the web briowser usually does not record this order. I have never seen any web application can record this order.  Therefore, SNAP should do not follow this order to add the image.

Answers

• York_ZhangYork_Zhang York Zhang
    edited December 22, 2016 Accepted Answer

I think it's hard for an web application to recognize the order you do "Ctrl + Left mouse click" because the web briowser usually does not record this order. I have never seen any web application can record this order.  Therefore, SNAP should do not follow this order to add the image.

• edited January 10, 2017

Hi York_Zhang

Take a look at eInput - it does the same page order when you import images, i.e. takes sort order from file browser.

Cheers,

Roman

• devid489devid489 https://techandskill.com/

Yes I am Devin

Your ANswer is Right I will go With You

Thanks

• devid489devid489 https://techandskill.com/
    Yes You are Right Bro
    It Will Helps To Everyone
    I am Jhon