Home General

My id not accessible after community migration to communities.opentext.com

My Id is not accessible after community migration to communities.opentext.com. I used to ask and answer questions using my personal email Id and use the business mail Id only for support website. I can no longer login with my personal email id and thus lost all points, history and threads, acquaintances I used to follow/like due to this issue. Please help me login with my id [email protected]

Best Answer

• David ColvinDavid Colvin EM admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi Ashish,

I'm glad to hear that you can see all of your old history. In this case, your two IDs were linked together to allow you to see your history that was tied to your personal email address when you login with your business email address. You business email address is used to give you full customer access; so, you will need to use that to login. As far as showing your email address, you're the only one who can see that, it's not exposed to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks & regards,

David Colvin
    Systems Manager | Digital Customer Experience

Answers

• Hi there,

This is a problem we are aware of and we are working to resolve it. With OpenText, in order to gain full access to the forums, you will need to use you business email address. However, once we have the problem resolved, we should be able to link it to all of your prior history.

I will follow up again once this issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,

David Colvin

• Thanks, David. I will use my business Id for now. Please link my personal id to business mail id as for many folks, business mail id keeps on changing throughout the career. Contribution to the Forums is more of a personal choice and preference and it would be nice if it stays personal(and the first step is mail id).

Kind Regards,
    Ashish Srivastava

Hi there,

This is a problem we are aware of and we are working to resolve it. With OpenText, in order to gain full access to the forums, you will need to use you business email address. However, once we have the problem resolved, we should be able to link it to all of your prior history.

I will follow up again once this issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,

• Hi David,
    Thanks for the quick action. I see most of my old threads now, so it seems both ids are linked?
    Can you please explain how login works - If I login to support.opentext.com using business email id - will it use my business email address and if I login to communities.opentext.com using business email id, it will show my personal email address?

I can still not login using my personal email address

Kind Regards,
    Ashish Srivastava

• David ColvinDavid Colvin EM admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi Ashish,

I'm glad to hear that you can see all of your old history. In this case, your two IDs were linked together to allow you to see your history that was tied to your personal email address when you login with your business email address. You business email address is used to give you full customer access; so, you will need to use that to login. As far as showing your email address, you're the only one who can see that, it's not exposed to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks & regards,

David Colvin

• Thanks, David. I think for now I can work with this new configuration of having one business login id.

Kind Regards,
    Ashish Srivastava